[SOLVED] RTX 2080 high usage when alone but low usage when many players

Nov 25, 2019
Hello ,
Recently i upgraded from GTX 970 to RTX 2080 . i play online mmorpg archeage when i am alone i get 65% gpu usage 100 fps+ and when i am in bigger raid with many players my gpu usage drops to 25% and i get like 30-40fps. Can someone help me what shud i do to get good fps .

I also used benchmark and i get 98% usage on it. Any help will be appreciated

My specs:
I7 7700k Intel,
Z270 m5 motherboard,
750 w antec gaming
Kraken m22 liquid coolant
RTX 2080 super

Solution
Thanks for the reply bro, But my friends use 1080 and they get 50-60 fps on big raids and thats the reason i bought rtx 2080 and about my internet connection i use 200 mbps internet and server is in europe and i play from india with exit lag game booster and get 130 ping,
if the problem appears only in one game, then it's the game's fault and not your system's.
Try playing other games and see if you have problems.
And also when i am solo gpu temperature is around 80 deg C and when i am in raids my gpu temp is 60 deg C it should be opposite he he he :D and i use 16gb ram may be i shud overclock my ram and should i increase fan speed as well with msi afterburner??
That is exactly as it's supposed to be. When the server...
You are fine.
MMO games most of the time have limitations to the fps due to server because the server needs to synchronise every player at the same speed/action at the same time. So, if someone has a crappy PC with a crappy connection, everyone gets slowed down. Of course below a certain point, he gets desynchronised and you might see "teleporting" of character or a loop of actions.
Many games I play that are MMO are like this. You can see that is fine because when you are soloing, you dont get lower fps since the server only needs to synchronise you.

Beside the server, as mentioned above, the internet connection plays a significant role as well.

Reactions: bmockeg
Nov 25, 2019
You are fine.
MMO games most of the time have limitations to the fps due to server because the server needs to synchronise every player at the same speed/action at the same time. So, if someone has a crappy PC with a crappy connection, everyone gets slowed down. Of course below a certain point, he gets desynchronised and you might see "teleporting" of character or a loop of actions.
Many games I play that are MMO are like this. You can see that is fine because when you are soloing, you dont get lower fps since the server only needs to synchronise you.

Beside the server, as mentioned above, the internet connection plays a significant role as well.
Thanks for the reply bro, But my friends use 1080 and they get 50-60 fps on big raids and thats the reason i bought rtx 2080 and about my internet connection i use 200 mbps internet and server is in europe and i play from india with exit lag game booster and get 130 ping,

Nov 25, 2019
You are fine.

And also when i am solo gpu temperature is around 80 deg C and when i am in raids my gpu temp is 60 deg C it should be opposite he he he :D and i use 16gb ram may be i shud overclock my ram and should i increase fan speed as well with msi afterburner??

if the problem appears only in one game, then it's the game's fault and not your system's.
That is exactly as it's supposed to be. When the server does not feed your system with enough game's data then your system is staying to low speeds. That makes it cooler as it does not push the GPU and CPU.

Since you mentioned that you changed GPU, try DDU in safe mode if you haven't done already.
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

Solution
Nov 25, 2019

That is exactly as it's supposed to be. When the server does not feed your system with enough game's data then your system is staying to low speeds. That makes it cooler as it does not push the GPU and CPU.

Since you mentioned that you changed GPU, try DDU in safe mode if you haven't done already.
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum
Actually i format all drives and installed fresh latest drivers . should i uninstall and install other old drivers???