Question RTX 2080 multi monitors performance impact

swzeng

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Hi below is my setup. I've noticed that when my 4k tv is connected, even when the TV is off, my game lag or shown drop of fps. Now when I disable it from windows setting for the 4k screen, everything went smooth. So my question is does have a 4k tv connected really takes that much of performance hit or is there some configuration that can be done. I mainly use this computer for work during daytime and gaming after work. Kinda annoying every night that I have to manually disable my TV through windows then manually enable next day. Thanks

CPU: I7 4930K oc @4.4 1.3 v water cooling
GPU: RTX 2080 +55 Core clock +990 Mem clock through MSI afterburner
RAM: 64 GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 1TB SSD, 3 TB WD Blue storage
Main Monitor: Predator 144 hz 1440p IPS
Second Monitor: Asus 1080p
Third/TV monitor: TCL 4k TV

Lutfij

Titan
What games are you playing and at what resolution+in-game detail are you playing? Can you please share the version for the driver you're using? Also you forgot to mention the rest of your specs, with
Motherboard: make and model and which BIOS you're on
Ram: if they are from a kit or mixed and matched
SSD/HDD:
PSU:
Chassis:

swzeng

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. So I played mostly 1st and 3rd person, Far Cry 5, Division 2, Tomb Raider and Battelfield in 1440p Max settings. See below for rest of specs

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 Bios Version 4801 7/25/2014
Ram: Patriot Extreme Performance DDR3 1600 8GBx8
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB main drive/OS
HDD: WD Blue 3TB
PSU: OCZ PC Power & Cooling ModXStream Pro Series 700 Watt (700W) 80+
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR HYDRO Series H100i
CoolerMaster Chassis

What games are you playing and at what resolution+in-game detail are you playing? Can you please share the version for the driver you're using? Also you forgot to mention the rest of your specs, with
Motherboard: make and model and which BIOS you're on
Ram: if they are from a kit or mixed and matched
SSD/HDD:
PSU:
Chassis:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS