[SOLVED] RTX 2080 OR RTX 2070 SUPER

spawn1980

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hey all It's been a while since i've been on here. Got a little question. I have the opportunity to get a Asus dual fan 2080 Recertified for $560. I can also get a new 2070 super $530. My original plan was to get asus rx 5700 xt but I see there drivers are still immature and STILL cause black screens, green screen. My all AMD build has failed is out the window now. Sorry for rambling so what do you think of the two rtx

Solution
I think that the performance difference between the 2080 and 2070 Super is so small that it is not worth the difference in the length of warranty you would be giving up by going with a recertified card that likely has only a one year warranty. Since graphics cards tend to have a somewhat high failure rate, especially on gaming cards, having a three year (Or more, if you purchase a longer warranty) warranty is a very good idea when you're talking about something that costs in excess of 500 dollars, unless money is not particularly an issue for you if or when a replacement might be necessary if something fails.
I think that the performance difference between the 2080 and 2070 Super is so small that it is not worth the difference in the length of warranty you would be giving up by going with a recertified card that likely has only a one year warranty. Since graphics cards tend to have a somewhat high failure rate, especially on gaming cards, having a three year (Or more, if you purchase a longer warranty) warranty is a very good idea when you're talking about something that costs in excess of 500 dollars, unless money is not particularly an issue for you if or when a replacement might be necessary if something fails.

Solution