Question [RTX 2080} PC Restarts while Gaming

Sep 23, 2019
My PC keeps restarting while gaming randomly. This issue has happened in the past and it randomly stopped, but now its back.

Specs:
CPU- i7-7700k
CPU Cooler- Cryorig C7
MOBO- ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/AC
RAM- 32 GB V-Color Skywalker Prism RGB (3600 mhz)
STORAGE- PNY CS900 120 GB SSD, Seagate 3TD HDD
GPU- Gigabyte RTX 2080
PSU- Corsair CX 750M

I have made changes to my PC since the problems first occurred.

Changes Made:

-Upgraded RAM to 32 GB from 16 GB
-Upgraded GPU from GTX 1070 to RTX 2080
-Upgraded PSU from a 500W to a 750W
-Reapplied thermal paste and cleaned entire PC

I have noticed that my CPU temp runs high, like very high, and I am not sure why. After the reapply of the thermal paste, my temps while playing games can still hold steady above 90 degrees Celsius and I don't know why.

I have a Hardware Monitor on my PC and I have a report saved of after about 10 minutes of playing Rocket League and idling after closing the game. During the 10 minutes session, I had the monitor open and the CPU Temp was running between 85 and 95 degrees Celsius. I don't know the proper way to condense all the information, but I at least want to paste the CPU core temp information. (First number is current temp, unsure of middle number, and last number is peak temperature.)

+- CPU Core : 42.5 39 99 (/lpc/nct6791d/temperature/0)

Sep 23, 2019
I would double-check the thermal paste application to see if it is getting even pressure and it isn't too thick.

I just did the thermal paste reapply a few hours ago. When i cleaned off the old thermal paste, there was a lot on there. I didn't put as much, but i made sure that there was pressure between the CPU and cooler.

TRENDING THREADS