Question rtx 2080 problem

ToxicGhost

Prominent
Mar 5, 2019
Hello, i recently got all new parts for my computer back in January. The only parts i didn't replace was my graphics card, which is the rtx 2080. I've had the 2080 since Christmas of 2018, So around 2 years now. I'm aware the RTX line naturally runs super hot, but until last week, I've never had any problems with it getting SUPER hot (80+ Celsius). On any given AAA game it would maybe reach like 75 Celsius (max). But now, it's starting to run at 85 C on ANY game that's even the slightest bit graphic intensive. While this itself wouldn't be a problem, the fans speed keeps ramping up and down VERY loudly like a jet turbine. The only way to get it to stop and to cool is to take my case panel of. I get it might be an airflow problem, but I've had this setup for 3 months and i never had a problem until last week. (there isn't a dust problem btw)

Excuse any grammar mistakes this has, i'm tired and kinda stressed so i wanted to post this as soon as possible.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Spec list below

Intel I9 9900k
EVGA RTX 2080
ROG Maximus XI Hero
32 GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Memory. (8Gb per stick)
NZXT H510 Elite case
NZXT Kraken X62 280mm liquid cooling.

I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forums, so correct me if it's not. I saw gpu, and this is a gpu related problem so i assumed it was ok.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS