[SOLVED] RTX 2080 SLI

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi Team,

I have one MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio Graphic card with i7-9700k processor.

I want to purchase one more MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio graphic card and will do the SLI.

1. will it increase my performance/FPS in 1440p gaming at ultra settings.

2. Is that my processor is correct to handle the 2 GPU performance in SLI?

Thank you

Solution
SLi support has been in decline for years and many games don’t support it. The above saying it might double FPS is not true, never seen anything close to that. I saw a good article a couple of years ago (support was slightly better then) and across about 20 games that supported SLi the average improvement was 30%.

With 3000 series coming out later this year I’d wait and get a single card. There is a good chance a 3080 will match SLi 2080’s in games that support it and it will destroy SLi 2080’s in games that don’t support SLi. Also the 3000 series is supposed to have massive improvements in Ray Tracing. NVidia have claimed mid range 3000 cards will outperform a 2080Ti with Ray Tracing on.
1. depends. each game has different sli scaling and support. it might double your fps, it might give you a 50% boost, it might not give you any performance more than 1 card and in some cases it might even hinder performance. its depends on the games. you should read on sli scaling on the games you play.

2. yes

SLi support has been in decline for years and many games don’t support it. The above saying it might double FPS is not true, never seen anything close to that. I saw a good article a couple of years ago (support was slightly better then) and across about 20 games that supported SLi the average improvement was 30%.

With 3000 series coming out later this year I’d wait and get a single card. There is a good chance a 3080 will match SLi 2080’s in games that support it and it will destroy SLi 2080’s in games that don’t support SLi. Also the 3000 series is supposed to have massive improvements in Ray Tracing. NVidia have claimed mid range 3000 cards will outperform a 2080Ti with Ray Tracing on.

Solution

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019

Thanks for explaining it well.

Where i can find the list which game support SLI or not.

Is that information available on official page of each game?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Thank you Sir. Even i also got the same :)

So now i have dropped the plan to do the SLI..

Just asking is my below RTX 2080 card is good for 1440p Gaming?
Absolutely. A RTX 2070 Super is great for 1440p gaming, yours will have no problem with it.

It's good you dropped the idea of buying another 2080 as doing that when the RTX 30 series and AMD's Big Navi are right around the corner is not a very good choice.

Reactions: anjris
Even RTX 2080 can run all AAA games at ultra settings on 1440P without even single lag.

And future games as well with average FPS of 130
I actually have a 2080 Super and I can assure you that you are wrong. Not even a 2080Ti can run all modern AAA at ultra while averaging 120fps+. My most frequently played game is Modern Warefare and to average 120+ FPS needs a mixture of medium/high with Ray Tracing off.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I actually have a 2080 Super and I can assure you that you are wrong. Not even a 2080Ti can run all modern AAA at ultra while averaging 120fps+. My most frequently played game is Modern Warefare and to average 120+ FPS needs a mixture of medium/high with Ray Tracing off.
So you mean to say that in World, there is no powerful graphic card which can run Modern warfare at ultra settings with Ray tracing On without any lag.

Because there is no powerful than anything RTX 2080Ti.

correct.

SO how much FPS do you think we will get in Modern warfare at ultra settings with Ray tracing On

With RTX 2080 Ti
Quick search found this. Average 93.5fps

25142011539l.jpg