Question RTX 2080 SUPER corrupting graphics?

Jun 21, 2020
Recently got a fresh new PC, built off of a Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core processor, an RTX 2080 Super and 32 gigs of ram.
While playing minecraft (with or without shaders) the game occasionally freezes for a few secs and then the textures completely corrupt. Usually, a restart or a resource pack reload fixes it briefly, but it's bound to happen again within a dozen minutes. I did NOT run into this issue in my old 1060 6gb, i7 7700K 16gig ram rig at all...
This is what it looks like https://streamable.com/jy0g70
Some other games i play also get hitches and freezes once in a while, sometimes outright crashing with too much load...

I talked about it with the pc hardware store that built my pc, the guy running it kept claiming that it was a dual monitor issue, tried to sell me a "better, 240hz monitor" which according to him, would fix it (massive BS) I kept denying that, since my warranty on the card's still valid, i asked him if i'm still eligible for a new one if this card's faulty, and he kept explaining how tough it is to send them abroad for a diagnosis n everything (I'm in a third world country, so he might be right on that one)

Is this a problem with my graphics card? Or rather my CPU? Could y'all guide me through troubleshooting what's wrong? Thank you very much, i appreciate all of your help and any clues i could get.

Jun 21, 2020
Update: I got my RTX 2080 replaced for a brand new one, but the issue still persists :(
Disabling mipmaps in minecraft fixes the texture corruption but this new issue where all my textures become pitch black (including my hotbar items and whatnot)

Help

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS