Question Rtx 2080 super display port stutter

PlasticQuarters

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
For years i have been having an issue with microstutter in games. More so in games like csgo than anything else. I have narrowed it down to something display port related as it only happens on my 144hz monitor and not my hdmi 60 hz monitor. My question is could it be gpu related? A bad dp ect. I have tried 6+ different dp cables vesa certified ect. To no avail. Some seem better than others yet still have the issue. Nothing seems to fix it. I ordered a new monitor to see if it was specific to my current monitor and it made no difference. I have replaced every part in my pc except for the power supply over the last 2 years and nothing has affected it. I am totally out of my depth. My pc benchmarks fine and seems to have no issues yet the microstutter never stops.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your PSU? In retrospect, did you reinstall the OS from scratch when you migrated to the new platform(swapping the board out over the course of 2 years)? You might want to list your entire systems specs like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSS/HDD:
GPU
PSU:
Chassis:

^ with that we're going to see a couple of sets of specs, considering the sets being the number of times you changed the parts out.

have you tried making sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? You should also try and use DDU, uninstall your GPU drivers, then reboot and manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

PlasticQuarters

Commendable
Jul 20, 2019
What is the make and model of your PSU? In retrospect, did you reinstall the OS from scratch when you migrated to the new platform(swapping the board out over the course of 2 years)? You might want to list your entire systems specs like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSS/HDD:
GPU
PSU:
Chassis:

^ with that we're going to see a couple of sets of specs, considering the sets being the number of times you changed the parts out.

have you tried making sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? You should also try and use DDU, uninstall your GPU drivers, then reboot and manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Sorry for the late reply. My psu is an evga supernova 1000w. I did reinstall windows after swapping motherboards and have several times since. Could it be psu related? I have flashed the bios. I have used ddu several times. Nothing fixes it. At this point i have gone through and replaced every part except the psu. So it definitely could be it. It's the strangest thing i have ever experienced in my 20 years of building pc's. It benches fine it stress tests fine. Yet i get microstutter.

CPU: Intel i9 9900k
Motherboard: msi z390 ace
Ram: 32gb corsair vengeance 3000mhz
SSS/HDD: samsung 860 evo 1tb 1tb western digital black
GPU: evga ft3 rtx 2080 super
PSU: evga supernova 1000w gold
Chassis: Phanteks evolv x

Last edited: