[SOLVED] rtx 2080 super locked at 1650mhz

Aug 3, 2019
My gigabyte rtx 2080 super gaming oc is stuck at 1650mhz. I think it may be a driver issue because it was over clocked to 2070mhz before i updated the drivers to the latest nvidia drivers. If i try overclocking the gpu it will cause a crash with just a slight overclock. I tried reverting the drivers to a previous update but it didnt change anything. Its just weird the card maxes around 200mhz below the base clock for the card. Anybody have any thoughts as to what else it could be?

Solution
First off, Kindly provide FULL PC specs, including the make and model of your Motherboard, and PSU. Did you use the DDU tool to do a clean re-install of the drivers ? If not, then try doing this. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Also, delete and remove all previously saved profiles and GPU settings which you may have applied via any Overclocking tool, clock speed values, Power limit, voltage etc.

If need be, completely re-install the overclocking tool as well.

If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After...
First off, Kindly provide FULL PC specs, including the make and model of your Motherboard, and PSU. Did you use the DDU tool to do a clean re-install of the drivers ? If not, then try doing this. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Also, delete and remove all previously saved profiles and GPU settings which you may have applied via any Overclocking tool, clock speed values, Power limit, voltage etc.

If need be, completely re-install the overclocking tool as well.

If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

Solution
Aug 3, 2019
When I get home today im gonna use ddu and see if that fixes the issue. If the problem is still there ill come back and list specs and stuff cause that's gonna take a min to type out. I did uninstall afterburner and reinstall and the problem started when I upgraded the drivers to the newest nvidia update. I was using the july 23rd driver release previously.