[SOLVED] RTX 2080 Super Running higher Mhz than claimed straight out of box

Apr 11, 2020
I Recently Bought a MSI 2080 Super gaming trio and after running a few games I noticed its pushing upwards of 1945mhz straight out of the box without changing anything. The claimed base figure is 1650mhz with a boost of about 1850mhz. Its stable and is running around 50/60 °c topping out at about 70°c when its running at 1945mhz. Is this an issue to be worried about because although im happy that its running that speed with no issues I am not sure its meant to be running that high out of the box.

Solution
It is completely normal. The grapics card boost to maximum performance, and continously adjust frequency based on GPU temperature, processing power required and maximum power draw limits. The max frequency is very often above the advertised factory frequencies if temperatures are good and the PSU provide sufficient power. You could consider it a free bonus or something in that direction

It is different from previous boost technology on Nvidia cards, which is probably why it seems a bit unusual
It is completely normal. The grapics card boost to maximum performance, and continously adjust frequency based on GPU temperature, processing power required and maximum power draw limits. The max frequency is very often above the advertised factory frequencies if temperatures are good and the PSU provide sufficient power. You could consider it a free bonus or something in that direction

It is different from previous boost technology on Nvidia cards, which is probably why it seems a bit unusual

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyden138
Solution