[SOLVED] Rtx 2080 super temperature!

Marius Mariusica

Honorable
Jun 15, 2015
Hello guys, hope this is the right place to ask this, so i upgraded today from gtx 1070 ti gigabyte windforce 3x oc to evga rtx 2080 super black, and i have major temperature differences, the best example i can give is for ac odyssey, with the former card i could put the fans at 28% and get around 65 degrees, with the new one, i get around 70 72 degrees at 75 fan speed, still on my 1080p monitor, the only diference is the graphic settings which are max now, so should i get a more ventilated case, or add more fans in it? Are the rtx hotter than gtx in general? Thanks!

Solution
That temperature is fine, but if you want it to run cooler, better case fans could certainly help. What case and case fans are you using?

Both the 1070 Ti and 2080 Super are Nvidia cards, but the similarities end there: different architectures, different die sizes, different process nodes, different board partner brands and different cooling systems. There is no reason to expect the same temperatures from your 2080 super as your 1070 Ti which is a lower-powered card and thus undoubtedly easier to cool.
That temperature is fine, but if you want it to run cooler, better case fans could certainly help. What case and case fans are you using?

Both the 1070 Ti and 2080 Super are Nvidia cards, but the similarities end there: different architectures, different die sizes, different process nodes, different board partner brands and different cooling systems. There is no reason to expect the same temperatures from your 2080 super as your 1070 Ti which is a lower-powered card and thus undoubtedly easier to cool.

Solution