Question RTX 2080 the issue or game optimization?

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
I built a new PC a couple of months ago. RTX 2080 with an i5 9600k 16gb ram, 850w PSU. I have it hooked up to a 180hz Asus Monitor with G-SYNC. Every time I am playing a game (Rainbow Six Siege) I get severe stutters when I am shooting at opposing players, or just shooting in general. Even after patch updates, this is still going on. I have not experienced this type of stuttering on any other game and I am running out of options. My drivers are up to date, verified files, etc. I don't know what to do anymore. My temperatures don't go over 70C for the GPU and 60C for the CPU after a couple of hours gaming. Any one have any suggestions?

So, is it ONLY Rainbow Six Siege with which you are experiencing poor performance/stuttering ? ALL other games run fine, right ? What's the make and model of your 850 Watts PSU ? If only R6 is giving you issues, then maybe the stuttering is directly related to the game itself, IMO.

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
So, is it ONLY Rainbow Six Siege with which you are experiencing poor performance/stuttering ? ALL other games run fine, right ? What's the make and model of your 850 Watts PSU ? If only R6 is giving you issues, then maybe the stuttering is directly related to the game itself, IMO.

Yes from all the games I played this one is the one that I only get severe micro stuttering in. It's an EVGA PSU 850W Gold

Okay. That's good PSU. I suspect the fault with the Game's engine itself, since you can play all other games without any issues. Might be some incompatibility issue with the GPU drivers and the game. Try asking this over at the official UBIsoft/Rainbow Six Siege forums as well, if need be. If this issue is widespread, then you might get some answers/solutions over there.

The game actually uses the AnvilNext 2.0 ENGINE, which can be demanding on the hardware, but I don't think Raninbow Six Seige is that taxing on the system. But, there are been quite a few optimization issues with this Engine in the past though, and it can sometimes be finicky.

TRENDING THREADS