Question Rtx 2080 ti aorus fan rgb doesnt work

stoffrobert5

Commendable
Aug 30, 2017
2 days ago i got my rtx 2080 ti aorus (not the EXTREME one) and i a few min after i booted in to windows i realise the rgb fans dont work at all :( For some reason the aorus logo and the stop fan is lit but not the fan.

Hi, most newer CPU support a feature thats called "fan stop", like you mention. If the GPU temps are below 60~65°C fans wont work. once you go beyond that threshold Fans should start spining.

If you don't like that behavior, you can always donwload MSI afterburner, and set a personal fan curve of your desire.

Cheers

Last edited:

stoffrobert5

Commendable
Aug 30, 2017
Hi, most newer CPU support a feature thats called "fan stop", like you mention. If the GPU temps are below 60~65°C fans wont work. once you go beoynd that threshold Fans should start spining.

If you don't like that behavior, you can always donwload MSI afterburner, and set a personal fan curve of your desire.

Cheers
Ty for the reply
I tried to disable the fan stop from the aorus engine and set the fan speed at max and other speeds but nothing
I even reset the cmos and reinstall the aorus engine and rgb fusion and still nothing

Have you tried letting all options in aorus software on default (normal) and just play a game and see how high the temps go, and if the fan start spining eventually?

Keep in mind that your card has a huge heatsinks and a very strong VRM, maybe the game you played didn't push the temps soo high for the fan to start spining.

And I know what you said about settings fans to MAX but I really don't have any experience on Aorus software. I use MSI afterburner on all the nvidia GPU since I believe is probably the best monitor and controlling software out there right now. MSI afterburner even have a OSD which you can set to see the values of your card while playing (maybe the Aorus apps have something similar).

stoffrobert5

Commendable
Aug 30, 2017
Have you tried letting all options in aorus software on default (normal) and just play a game and see how high the temps go, and if the fan start spining eventually?

Keep in mind that your card has a huge heatsinks and a very strong VRM, maybe the game you played didn't push the temps soo high for the fan to start spining.

And I know what you said about settings fans to MAX but I really don't have any experience on Aorus software. I use MSI afterburner on all the nvidia GPU since I believe is probably the best monitor and controlling software out there right now. MSI afterburner even have a OSD which you can set to see the values of your card while playing (maybe the Aorus apps have something similar).
Ty for the reply!
Im not sure at what % was the card but i think STAR WARS JEDI FALLEN ORDER is not so easy to run but still nothing i also tried to run furmark and the fans started spinning pretty fast but STILL NOTHING ;( I the thing is that i dont know if its the gpu or something else

Ty for the reply!
Im not sure at what % was the card but i think STAR WARS JEDI FALLEN ORDER is not so easy to run but still nothing i also tried to run furmark and the fans started spinning pretty fast but STILL NOTHING ;( I the thing is that i dont know if its the gpu or something else

STAR WARS JEDI FALLEN ORDER is not a very demanding game for your powerfull GPU, specially if youre playing at 1080p, even if you have every deatil seting on Ultra or Very High.

But you wrote the the fans started spining pretty fast when run furkmark ? Thats how the fans are supposed to work, When you reach the temp threshold the fans will start spining at a very high speed, if you keep the load on the GPU (if furkmark still runing) the fans will slowly decrease its rpms till they reach a default speed. Then they will turn off again.

Check this review from Tom'sHardware on the "Extreme" card, which should have the same behavior as yours https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-aorus-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-xtreme-11g,5953-5.html.

If you think your card is damaged you can contact Gigabyte and ask them for help or RMA.

stoffrobert5

Commendable
Aug 30, 2017
STAR WARS JEDI FALLEN ORDER is not a very demanding game for your powerfull GPU, specially if youre playing at 1080p, even if you have every deatil seting on Ultra or Very High.

But you wrote the the fans started spining pretty fast when run furkmark ? Thats how the fans are supposed to work, When you reach the temp threshold the fans will start spining at a very high speed, if you keep the load on the GPU (if furkmark still runing) the fans will slowly decrease its rpms till they reach a default speed. Then they will turn off again.

Check this review from Tom'sHardware on the "Extreme" card, which should have the same behavior as yours https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-aorus-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-xtreme-11g,5953-5.html.

If you think your card is damaged you can contact Gigabyte and ask them for help or RMA.
Ty for the replies and the help
I will contact gigabyte and ask them for help
Have a good day

Reactions: RodroX