RTX 2080 Ti ASUS - Windows 10 apps hardly usable

Oct 17, 2018
I recently installed my 2080 Ti from Asus, as well as a new 800 watt PS, and the gaming is great. Overwatch crashed on startup after a brief black screen a few times, but a reinstall and a couple restarts later and it was running fine. (this was concerning anyway)

My GeForce experience and driver is up to date, but any Windows 10 App (from the store) runs like absolute molasses. It seems News is the only exception. Spotify, Xbox, Trello, even the store itself is hardly usable. Every click and scroll takes several seconds to take effect. Mail is nearly unusable, but Calendar is actually fine.

There are no Windows updates or GeForce updates available. Any idea what's going on? Reinstalling Windows is my last resort and may not even be worth it since everything outside of those apps is fine, including the gaming. Thanks for any help.

Oct 17, 2018
In case this helps anyone else out, I've noticed ASUS GPU Tweak II makes Windows Store apps nearly unusable after running for a few minutes. Close them and the apps run fine again. Strange this only affects Windows Store apps. Games and other programs run fine with GPU Tweak running.