Question RTX 2080 TI & FPS Issues

Jun 15, 2019
• i9 9900K • NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti (Founders Card) • MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard • Vengeance 32 GB Memory 3200 • Corsair H100i RGB Platinum Cooler • EVGA SuperNOVA 850 W Power Supply • Alienware 240 Hz - AW2518Hf • (2) Dell Ultrasharp 60 Hz - U2719DX
Here is a small list of specs I am running on my brand new/first build. I built this PC for editing videos and gaming/streaming. I am new to the PC world so maybe someone can help me with my situation here.
Right now the issues I am having is with gaming/streaming and it's driving me crazy. I am trying to play Fortnite at 1080p 240fps on my 240hz monitor while streaming at 1080p (with low settings except view distance). When I am not streaming I can push 500fps easy, but when I start streaming I drop down to like 200fps. I know its already overkill and 200fps is good & I understand streaming while gaming will lower fps performance, but by that much? I'm just trying to figure out why I can't game and stream at 240fps consistently. I really think it's an issue with my 2 dell monitors being 60hz and my main monitor being 240hz. Another issue I noticed is when I am running my game while tabbed in I get like 240fps, but when I tab out to some window I get 500fps. I tried to check all drivers and everything should be up to date. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I'm just trying to keep my frames capped at 240fps while using my 240hz monitor, and streaming. Problem still happens while streaming at 900p but I am trying to upgrade to 1080p because I now use my DSLR camera as webcam for Bokeh.
Is it just not possible with a one PC setup?

Jun 11, 2019
Ignore FPS when you're tabbed out. Oh OK I got it. FPS is reducing if you're streaming.

1. Check your cooling, just search for how do I check my PC temperatures
  2. Don't expect to play full fps while steaming
  3. There is a known issue with different refresh rates on different monitors with ANY graphics card. There are fixes based on your situation.

Jun 15, 2019
Ignore FPS when you're tabbed out. Oh OK I got it. FPS is reducing if you're streaming.

1. Check your cooling, just search for how do I check my PC temperatures
  2. Don't expect to play full fps while steaming
  3. There is a known issue with different refresh rates on different monitors with ANY graphics card. There are fixes based on your situation.

I haven't seen my CPU Temp go above 65 degrees yet or more than %59 usage. I think it has to be a monitor issue. Even when I alt-tab my left (60hz) and middle monitor (240hz) goes black while gaming but nothing happens to my right (60hz) monitor.

I honestly think I fixed it by turning one of my monitors portrait mode then switching it back. I have no idea why that would fix the problem but so far no issues at all. Strange lol.
Try creating a custom screen rate in nvidia control panel, set your screen size to what it is, then set a custom hz rate, i know you want 240 but start at 200 you said that's where it idles best well streaming, so i'd start there. Then make sure you go to monitors display settings and set to 200hz. See how that goes

Jun 15, 2019
Try creating a custom screen rate in nvidia control panel, set your screen size to what it is, then set a custom hz rate, i know you want 240 but start at 200 you said that's where it idles best well streaming, so i'd start there. Then make sure you go to monitors display settings and set to 200hz. See how that goes

I did that when I set it at 240hz. It was a weird display issue and I don't know how to pinpoint the issue. "I honestly think I fixed it by turning one of my monitors portrait mode then switching it back". I'm streaming now at 1080p and running 240fps easily. I have no idea why it was being weird like that. I can still push 400fps on unlimited while streaming + windowedfullscreen.