Question RTX 2080 ti Ideal temps?

Jun 1, 2020
My temps are somewhat alarming atleast when it comes down to more demanding games primarily R6 + COD. GPU spikes to 80+ if I don't have GPU fan speed running at 70-100% is that normal for a 1 fan RTX 2080 ti. Is it really necessary for me to have it running at such an aggressive fan curve or am I experiencing poor airflow / gpu thermal. (240 Hz monitor + i7-8700k not oc)

This was also a pre-built but I was wondering are these a known position for case fans because I usually have never seen them set up like this? Fan setup

Last edited:
LOL well i was going to ask if you had good case airflow but you really dont need it with that one.

My 2080Ti sitting idle right now is at 39c with 20% fan speed on fan 1, the other 2 are off. During gaming even with the fans on auto it never gets over 65c

Its hard to see in the picture with the lights off but is that a blower style card?

Jun 1, 2020
Yeah it is a blower style card I suppose I should also mention I live in CA where it's pretty hot and I don't have actual AC in my room so it does get pretty hot at times but I'm not sure how much that directly correlates to the actual GPU temps and since It's a open case maybe it's more susceptible to hot air or maybe not?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The blower cards have a thermal limit of 84C, with a max of 88C.

Now, is that chassis really up against the wall? I can't be too sure at the angle you took that pic.
Blower gpus are a little different from the fan models in that they dump all of their waste heat right out the back from the little grille next to the monitor interfaces. Don't block that.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
1APuj6n.jpg

Yeah, was going to say...you're kind of blocking a lot of exhaust airflow there.

If you move the case further away from the wall, does this make any difference in your temps?

Jun 1, 2020
Moved it further from the wall and don't really see any impact on temps. Initially it had breathing space so I don't think moving it further did much unfortunately