[SOLVED] Rtx 2080 ti limited Usage

Solution
A 3900X is a 24 thread cpu, and 30% of that is around 7 full threads - of course, the game doesn't distribute the tasks that way.

I don't know how accurate using 2 different monitoring apps is either... they could be interfering with one another.

Im just wondering about the thing in the forza benchmark saying "limited gpu-percentage" beeing at 29-40%.
Afterburner and HW said, that the Power of the Gpu were max. at 75-80%. Does that help?
Wait a minute... a benchmark?

Oh wow. I had to look up "limited gpu-percentage" for this game.
That is just like one of those bottleneck calculators, and those aren't reliable at all.
The game benchmark is telling you that you need a faster cpu if you want even greater performance, and...

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Hi, i did a Benchmark in Forza Horizon 4 and the result said, that my Gpu limited at round about 42% as seen in the screenshot. Someone said it´s a Cpu bottleneck. Is that the case? Or how can i figure that out or what can i do? Do you need more information about my PC? Thanks in advance.

Regarding your report. You need to upload your screenshot to a place like imgur.com and then put a link to the image within Image brackets

[img] your link here [/img]

May 29, 2020
Full system specs? Are you having any performance issues?
Rtx 2080 ti
R9 3900x
16GB @3200Mhz Ram
250GB SSD
2TB HDD
850W PSU

I dont feel like i have performance issues. But i feel like the performance should be better with that components. In Benchmarks like userbenchmark the parts perform like they should. But in Game Benchmarks it feels like something is not working as it should, like not 99 or 100%. And if it says "limiting Gpu-percentage: 42%" in a benchmark im wondering what this could be.

Your CPU isn't the bottleneck unless it's malfunctioning.
You might have capped your FPS at 144 or enable FPS syncing with the monitor refresh rate which means your GPU doesnt have to pump out more than 144 frames even if it has room to.

May 29, 2020
Your CPU isn't the bottleneck unless it's malfunctioning.
You might have capped your FPS at 144 or enable FPS syncing with the monitor refresh rate which means your GPU doesnt have to pump out more than 144 frames even if it has room to.
But in the screenshot you can see on the right side, that vsync is disabled.

May 29, 2020
The fact that you're running a 2080Ti at 1080p isn't helping things. It's a cakewalk for that gpu. You'll never get 100% usage out of it, because it doesn't need to.
If the Frames would be stable at 144 and the usage was below 98% i´d say ok, but why would the gpu stop at 65-70% while the Frames drop to 120 oder even lower. I just did the Far cry 5 Benchmark and there was the same thing. Usage at 60-65, spiked at 70 for a second and the average fps at 120. Idk

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's only a portion of the whole picture though.
What happened to the cpu usage - each core/thread, please - during this?
What happened to memory usage?
Power usage?
Thermals?

If the Frames would be stable at 144 and the usage was below 98% i´d say ok, but why would the gpu stop at 65-70% while the Frames drop to 120 oder even lower. I just did the Far cry 5 Benchmark and there was the same thing. Usage at 60-65, spiked at 70 for a second and the average fps at 120. Idk
I can attribute from only those lines: One or more cpu threads maxed out. The gpu will stay busy as long as the cpu can keep 'feeding' it.
If the cpu chokes up, or something else causes it to, then the gpu is going to choke up along with it.

I see you have the eye candy maxed out in that game and STILL can't sustain high usage from the 2080Ti.

May 29, 2020
That's only a portion of the whole picture though.
What happened to the cpu usage - each core/thread, please - during this?
What happened to memory usage?
Power usage?
Thermals?

I can attribute from only those lines: One or more cpu threads maxed out. The gpu will stay busy as long as the cpu can keep 'feeding' it.
If the cpu chokes up, or something else causes it to, then the gpu is going to choke up along with it.

I see you have the eye candy maxed out in that game and STILL can't sustain high usage from the 2080Ti.
I used HWMonitor and Msi Afterburner to look at the numbers, and both tools said the cpu usage had a maximum of 30%. 4 Threads peaked to 75%. Memory usage was at 51%. Im not sure what you mean with "thermals" but if it is the temperatures, neither did the gpu rise above 65° nor did the cpu.
I kept looking at the gpu usage in the afterburner and the hwmonitor. Afterburner said 80-96%. Hwmonitor was stable at 100%, idk how accurate these information are tho. Im just wondering about the thing in the forza benchmark saying "limited gpu-percentage" beeing at 29-40%.
Afterburner and HW said, that the Power of the Gpu were max. at 75-80%. Does that help?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A 3900X is a 24 thread cpu, and 30% of that is around 7 full threads - of course, the game doesn't distribute the tasks that way.

I don't know how accurate using 2 different monitoring apps is either... they could be interfering with one another.

Im just wondering about the thing in the forza benchmark saying "limited gpu-percentage" beeing at 29-40%.
Wait a minute... a benchmark?

Oh wow. I had to look up "limited gpu-percentage" for this game.
That is just like one of those bottleneck calculators, and those aren't reliable at all.
The game benchmark is telling you that you need a faster cpu if you want even greater performance, and to leverage the gpu usage.
You aren't 'gpu limited' at all in this game. You are limited in the sense that the current cpu can't feed enough frames to the gpu to keep the 'limited gpu-percentage" at 100%.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS