Question RTX 2080 Ti not detected / No signal

Mar 1, 2019
I bought a new fully put together pc running rtx 2080. But the computer doesn’t have DVI-D so i had to buy a HDMI converter. After that i was able to get signal via onboard intel graphics. But i get no signal when plugging into the graphics input. At first, the gpu was detected but ”greyed out” in device manager alongside (error code 45, device not connected) I could however see that the gpu has been prompted to start previously in the history tab of device properties in device manager. I ended up uninstalling the greyed out gpu thinking windows would ”fix it”. It didn’t and now it seems as if it doesn’t even exist after a complete system restore, as it no longer even shows up in device manager. Also, nvidia drivers were somehow installed but no gpu detection anywhere. Also checked insides of computer, gpu seems to be correctly in place and connected, also 1 out of 2 fans are spinning. Gpu is not however detected in BIOS. I can’t update drivers either. Also on a BENQ screen, are these issues common with 2080? And how can the gpu run but not give signal and be semi-detected in a brand new computer? Bare in mind; i’m not tech savvy.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS