[SOLVED] Rtx 2080 Ti underperforming

May 27, 2020
I recently bought an Rtx 2080 Ti and my gpu usage is very low, in rainbow six siege I have the competitive settings (all low and some high) and my gpu usage is around 45%. I tried every tip that was on youtube (Nvidia control panel etc)
In Battlefield 5 I have more fps on ultra than high settings. I understand that if you have low settings your gpu usage goes down but i want 200+ fps (240 hz monitor) and in Rainbow six siege 240 fps. I game at 1080p and my pc specs are: i7 8700k 3.7 ghz, 2 times 8 gb of Ram 3200mhz, 700 watt psu be quite gold pus and i have a watercooler from nzxt but that doesnt matter.
Is my cpu bottlenecking the rtx 2080 Ti on 1080p? Is overclocking it to 5 ghz (and delidding) worth it or should i buy an i9900k? Please help me! I had the same problem with my rtx 2070 and now again...

Solution
Oke, which pc parts do you recommend for upgrading? 32 gb Ram of faster Ram maybe?
Nothing. You can overclock your cpu which will help a little but I don’t see any meaningful improvement by upgrading cpu/RAM. In some games by turning up the settings to the max you will get better utilisation of the 2080Ti but in others it just doesn’t have enough work at 1080p.
Do you think it helps if I buy an i9900k then?
I doubt it would do much. I don’t believe R6S can use the extra threads of the 9900k and there is not much difference in single core performance. The main issue is a 2080Ti is just over the top for 1080p, in most cases it just hasn’t got enough work to fully utilise it and the rest of the system will be the limiting factor for determining the max FPS.

May 27, 2020
I doubt it would do much. I don’t believe R6S can use the extra threads of the 9900k and there is not much difference in single core performance. The main issue is a 2080Ti is just over the top for 1080p, in most cases it just hasn’t got enough work to fully utilise it and the rest of the system will be the limiting factor for determining the max FPS.
Oke, which pc parts do you recommend for upgrading? 32 gb Ram of faster Ram maybe?

Nothing. You can overclock your cpu which will help a little but I don’t see any meaningful improvement by upgrading cpu/RAM. In some games by turning up the settings to the max you will get better utilisation of the 2080Ti but in others it just doesn’t have enough work at 1080p.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
May 27, 2020
Oke thank you for your help

TRENDING THREADS