RTX 2080 underperforming?

Jan 28, 2019
I just recently upgraded by mobo, cpu, and gpu. The mobo and cpu seem to being working fine but the graphics card, the RTX 2080 seems to be underperforming. For instance, I only get about 40-50 on GTA V 1080p max settings and my friend with a GTX 1070 gets about 60-80 on GTA max settings. On other games too, it seemed to underperform results of other 2080's. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the specific model I have is the Asus Strix ROG RTX 2080 Advanced Edition. I upgraded the cpu to an i7 8700k and the mobo is an Asus Z390 Prime. I however did not update the mobo bios yet but I'm just stuck on why I could possibly be underperforming. Most of the games don't go past 50-60 fps. I just need any possible solution to fix this, I've already tried to overclock but it didn't help too much.

Confirm WIndows power management set to at least Balanced?

Check HWMonitor while running Intel Extreme TUning utility/cpu test to confirm at least one or two cores hitting/maintaining 4.6 GHz or so, without CPU throttling? (If MCE is enabled, and 95w TDP power limit removed, all six cores may be near 4.6 GHz if cooling is adequate)