[SOLVED] RTX 2080 Windforce 8GB won't fit in Z390-E MB, no power

ASneakySnek

Reputable
Sep 13, 2019
The graphics card I bought will fit into the slot on the right side and clip in but on the left towards the outside of the case will no stay clipped in. When I plug the PCIe cables in to the PSU and into the GPU there is no power whatsoever, even though it looks like the card is in the correct slots. I'm at a loss here, any help would be appreciative.

Solution
Are you saying that the GPU not clicking closed on the left side is normal?
Obviously. When outside of pc enclosure, there's nothing on outer side of the card to hold it in the slot.

I was wondering that if the graphics card has no illumination whatsoever, including the LEDS by the PCIe plugins, meant it just didn't have power.
To start a pc, psu must be properly connected and turned on,
power button must be pressed or power switch contacts connected.
Without that there will be no power and no illumination whatsoever.

BTW - have you ever assembled PC before?
Install motherboard into pc enclosure first.
Then you secure graphics card to enclosure with a screw. It will not move anymore after that.

dUC6lY9.jpg

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

ASneakySnek

Reputable
Sep 13, 2019
Can you post full specs of your system?
(including cpu and psu)

Working on getting her back in the case right now.
Are you saying that the GPU not clicking closed on the left side is normal? If it is I'd be pleased to know. I was wondering that if the graphics card has no illumination whatsoever, including the LEDS by the PCIe plugins, meant it just didn't have power. Could it also be that the GPU has no drivers to go on right now so its being dormant?

The specs are:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E LGA1151
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k Coffee Lake 8-core 3.6ghz
PSU: Corsair RM750x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4 3600
CPU Fan: Cooler Master RR-212S-20PC-R1 Hyper 212 RGB Black Edtion

Are you saying that the GPU not clicking closed on the left side is normal?
Obviously. When outside of pc enclosure, there's nothing on outer side of the card to hold it in the slot.

I was wondering that if the graphics card has no illumination whatsoever, including the LEDS by the PCIe plugins, meant it just didn't have power.

Solution

ASneakySnek

Reputable
Sep 13, 2019

I asked that because my other GPU I tested stayed in place while this one didn't.
I know how a power supply works, I'm not a moron. Yes, I have built one before. I was asking if the GPU was even getting any power whatsoever because unlike my previous one this has NO signs whatsoever if there is any power going to it.

TRENDING THREADS