Oct 24, 2018
Hello, I finished building my new PC two weeks ago with:

TR2950x
Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme x399
Palit RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC
32GB Predator 3200Mhz Ram
500GB 970 evo m.2
1050W Cougar PSU

I was receiving respectable frames up until I updated the graphics drivers from Nvidia (clean install) and updated the motherbpoard Bios(To gain control of the RGB puke) to F4.
Since this I have had a significant FPS drop in all games (70-80) (1440p Ultra).
It doesn't seem to have measurably affected benchmarking and I have reset the XMP on the ram in bios to 3200Mhz (profile 1).

Further, when I open Ryzen Master I am getting a d3 error on my board which seems to be having no effect.
I have gone back to old bios and drivers, even clean installed windows to try and get my frames back but to no avail. Hoping a kind member of the community might have some helpful advice!

I have googled variations of all of these symptoms and found no answer, I also contacted Overclockers UK and they have told me to wait for the new drivers and hope that this fixes the issue but as I have tried rolling back both drivers and bios I am not feeling confident.

Oct 24, 2018

Yeah as I have said I rolled back to old drivers, old bios and did a clean install of windows. When rolling back drivers used DDU in safe mode.

Unsure of what else I can do really?

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Oh right sorry I miss read.

So you have rolled back everything? I would ask overclockers for their bios settings they set, as flashing the bios would have lost all them. Also make sure you have installed all the motherboard drivers (go to the website to download them).

Oct 24, 2018

Yeah rolled back everything and installed all the motherboard drivers again. I will try speaking to overclockers and come back.

Update:
Have tried this solution to no avail.
I have just benchmarked on Time spy extreme and found similar performance to prior to the issue. I am not sure if it is a DirectX version issue/error as the games I have had a performance drop in are Fortnite and Battlefield 1 (Please no critique of my poor taste) both using direct x11 and directx12 optionally.

TRENDING THREADS