RTX 2080ti problems thread. Post here if you're having issues with your card.

I'm creating a thread for those of us who have had/having issues with their RTX 2080ti cards. My specs are in my sig below. I will state that my card was running hotter than I like @78*c. Whereas my EVGA 1080 SC would run under 70*c. All stock settings on 2080, and 1080 was OC'd.

I'll start things off with my story. I did not pre-order the card as I wanted to see real world results and tests. After release it was found to be the first true 4k ultra 60FPS single card solution. I then started my search for a card. I really wanted to purchase through Best Buy as I can use my BB card and a 10% off coupon. I finally found one in stock and made the purchase online and had to go pick it up. It was a 200 mile round trip.

I installed the card that evening and all seemed great. My games played great @ 4k/60fps. Sunday morning I get up and try to get a few rounds of BF1 in. After a hiccup with the NZXT CAM software I get to play a few. I go do things with the family and come home that evening. I left the PC on from this morning and tried to fire up BF1. The game would try to load then crash to desktop with an DX11 error "Card has been physically removed". Tried to open game a few times with same error. I then tried to play AC: Odyssey and the game would start and I was able to make it to the menu and select 'CONTINUE' the game would attempt to load and crash to desktop.

I decided to reinstall the card drivers. I was now able to actually enter Odyssey and it would load. Once in game it got screwy. If i moved it would glitch and artifact and appear to load the same objects multiple times. It would do that for maybe a minute and then crash. I then uninstalled drivers and re-seated card, installed different version of drivers and same thing. I then tried to use a single PCIe power cable(with two ends) and same thing. It wouldn't even make it more than a few seconds through the Heaven benchmark without crashing.

I went to Nvidia website and started a live chat. I explained to the rep what was going on. I gave him all my info and proof-of-purchase. He then said the info would be submitted for RMA and I will get and e-mail with further info. I thought "oh cool" now I get to wait. I started doing a little research and came across this https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-graphics-cards-dying. Not to mention the threads here @ Tom's. So I decided to return to Best Buy for refund. On my way to the store I get an e-mail stating my RMA was accepted and they will ship out a new card to me and I then have to send my old one back.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Do I take the replacement card and hope to not have any more issues. Or do I deny the replacement, return my faulty card and then wait for an EVGA or MSI card to get in stock.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/10/30/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-cards-have-a-serious-problem-they-keep-dying/amp/

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/some-users-are-complaining-of-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-cards-dying/

It depends on, what you want really.
Either you want to have a working GTX 2080 ti or you want a refund and choose a different product?
It is highly unlikely, you'll have issues with 2 consecutive GTX 2080 ti models.

That was a rhetorical question for myself. There have been cases of people getting faulty replacement cards, though. Really the point of this thread is a place to compile/vent/talk about the card issues.

be care full if you do an rma . the card may be used or new. also check to see what the warranty is on the rma cards. if you still have full warranty or only a year. if the card under 30 days go back to bb and return it. one thing evga has bad track record for there vrms on there gpu. they had over heating and cards catching on fire from undersized vrm and bad cooling. i would return the evga and try another aid braded gpu.

I decided to return my card to Best Buy. Bummer thing is I lost my 10% off coupon. I'm gonna try to cancel my RMA.

FYI: Rep at Best Buy said that the 2080ti Founders Edition is no longer available and that it has been pulled from their system.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
For the "Most part" my 2080ti has been ok. I have encountered a few weird things though since installing.

-P.C. blue screened once on startup. It sounded like it booted to the load screen but screen was black. I clicked with my mouse and then it bluescreened. Don't know if that was a freak accident or not.

- CoD black ops 4 I have had the screen image freeze 3-4 times. It doesn't seem to do it anymore but 3-4 times when loading into the game the screen would freeze and I could hear the audio but the images wouldn't change. Had to minimize and close the game and reopen.

- Minimized League of Legends a few times and when I maximized it the game crashed and I had to go back into it.

Edit: One more thing I noticed that is odd. When I am playing any game that is gpu intensive (FC5, BO4, BF1, etc.) my game will be at high FPS (60-100) but stutters for the beginning of the game. It's hard to explain but say I boot up BO4 and hop into a game. For probably the first half of the first game, I will get intermittent micro-stutters. It goes away after a minute or two. It feels like my P.C. has to "warm up" or something.

Are these 2080ti related? No idea. Just happened to notice these things with my new build. All other games have been fine.

Note - I have the zotac amp edition.

UPDATE: I returned my card to the store. While there I decided to by an EVGA XC Ultra 2080. All I read was it was as fast as a 1080ti and that the 1080ti is a 4k/60fps card. WRONG!! I'm not sure if those people who said the 1080ti was a 4k card were just trolling or trying to justify not upgrading. It is a 1440p card(at least the 2080). It does not run any game I tried at 4k/60fps ultra. I must bring down a few graphic settings to around medium or just change resolution to 2560x1440.

So this card will be going back to store.

And I will say the Founders Edition cards are a thing of beauty. They look and feel like a premium product compared to the AIB models. I looked at Gigabyte, ASUS and of course EVGA. All cheesy plastic and stamped steel backplates.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

In some games the 1080ti will prolly get 60fps but yeah it's definitely not an "ultra settings" 4k card.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

I'm sure there will be a game that stumps it.

But for right now, all games i've played such as FC5, BF1, BO4, Witcher 3, WoW, etc.. All of those titles are 60+ with everything on ultra, AA included.

Update: Well my EVGA Ultra XC 2080 developed shimmering edges in games. I took it back and picked up a MSI 2080 Gaming Trio. This card is MASSIVE! Barely fits in my mid-tower case. It also is more powerful than the EVGA card. I can actually run 4k with decent graphics settings and stay near 60fps.