• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question RTX 2080TI produces coil whine buzzling sound that infects my audio after changing my PC case.

Aug 11, 2019
I'm lost. My RTX 2080TI started producing coil whine when i changed my PC case. I'm now using a Mechify C ATX computer case.

At first the coil whine didn't really bother me since I'm always using a headset. Normally I don't hear anything, but when I play demanding games, my GPU's buzzling sound can be heard from my headphones.

If I use the front panel audio, I only hear the coil whine when in games, but if I connect the audio directly on the motherboard, the coilwhine is insanely loud to the point where I can barely hear anything else.

I didn,t have any coil whine with my old PC case. The only thing I did was transfer my current hardware into the new PC case. I have the exact same hardware components that I had in my previous case except I now get a buzzling sound from my GPU.

I understand that there's probably not an easy fix to this. Should I start by getting a new PSU? What should I do?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS