[SOLVED] RTX 2080TI RUNNING CSGO AT LESS THAN 30 FPS

Feb 6, 2020
Hi guys, I'm rather new here but recentally, I have encountered an issue where my PC occasionally slows down to the point where even games such as CSGO (extremeley undemanding) is being played at <30 fps.

Here are my PC Specs:
AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
64 GB CORSAIR Vengance RBB Pro Ram
Z390 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE 5G MOTHERBOARD
1 TB Samsung SSD
2x 2TB Seagate IRONWOLF HDD
CORSAIR 850x powersupply (850 watt)
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ Monitor

The main concerning issue is that it does not only run on low fps for 1 game, but rather for all the games, I have tested games such as:
Rainbow 6 Siege
Fortnite
PUBG
Just Cause 3

There are also odd occasions where all games run incredibly smoothly at over 200 fps consistently. However, normally after a day or two of it working sucessfully. It often deteriorates to its low fps.

It would be great if someone could provide me with some advice.

Note: I shut down my PC every night after I finish using it. Will this affect the performance of the PC?

Solution
What cpu do you have and what's your cooling setup for both cpu and gpu?

My guess is your loop/pump may have been installed incorrectly and water isn't flowing properly leading to eventual overheating and throttling.

Have you monitored temps and speeds when performance degrades?

boju

Titan
Ambassador

My guess is your loop/pump may have been installed incorrectly and water isn't flowing properly leading to eventual overheating and throttling.

Reactions: Cyrus1016
Solution
Feb 6, 2020

Hi boju and thanks for the reply.

I have an i9 9900k from intel. I am assuming that it should be on par.
I am liquid cooling both my CPU and my GPU.
I have just installed MSI Afterburner. However, I do not really understand some parts. According to the GPU temperature whilst idle, it is at a minimum of 72 degrees and maximum of 75 degrees which I believe is rather high whilst being idle.

For some perspective, I have inserted a photo of my PC.

jWmkVs0.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020
Hey guys, I know you guys have probably moved on to other issues but I would just like to thank you guys for the advice. After lettng my PC rest for a while (30min-1 hour) the fps issue is resolved, i think i gave the PC enough time to revcover from the heat and thereffore that is why it works better occasionally.

Feb 6, 2020
Hey guys, just another update, after I heard some dripping sounds of the fluid in the computer, the temps are at a stable 40 degrees. The odd thing is that I did not have to do anything for this to happen? Can anyone care to explain what this could possibly be? And perhaps how I could fix this faster next time? I have heard this noise before but I was unsure of what it actually did...

Feb 6, 2020
Dripping as in leaks? Or gurgling sounds from fluid passing through the tubes/pump?

Did you assemble the parts yourself or is this store bought machine?

I assembled it with some of my PC friends, And yes, I feel like gurgling would be a better description of the sound that I heard.

Feb 6, 2020
Hey guys, once again, my computer is overheating. I have tried gently tipping the case back and forth and side to side but that hasn't worked. I think I will need to extract the fluid. Thank you anyways.