Question rtx 2080ti underperforming

Jun 23, 2020
System Specs:
AORUS GeForce® RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME
i7 8700k@4.8
32gb gskill tridentz neo 3600mhz

Getting very low scores in firestrike, only 20,500, and have played many games with people with much worse systems who have better fps than me, not sure whats going on. Anyone have any suggestions on how to test what's wrong? Mostly trying to figure out if I need to RMA my card.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Cpu and gpu load thermals

2)Windows was reinstalled after the last motherboard change, and all drivers are up to date

3)Clean install of gpu drivers done using Display Driver Uninstaller, then installing the latest recommended

4)Using separate psu cables into each of the 8 pin connections

5)Psu isn't 'cheap'

6)Gpu set to max performance in Nvidia Control Panel

7)Gpu hits the 366w maximum regularly under load - use hwinfo, as Afterburner doesn't give an exact figure in W

Jun 23, 2020
1)
Temps from a firestrike run.

2) reinstalled windows about a month ago, not sure how to make sure all system drivers are up to date.

3)Just reinstalled drivers booting into safemode and using DDU a couple of days ago, barely improved my score on firestrike, but did improve it slightly.

4)i use 2 separate cables into the gpu

5)Seasonic 750W Gold PSU

6)Had forgotten to do this after windows reinstall, it made a small difference. The screenshots i posted are of a firestrike benchmark after doing this.

7) it doesn't seem to ever hit 366w

Thanks for the help, hopefully this info is useful to try to narrow down my issues.