geekgamer5902

Prominent
Nov 12, 2018
Hi
I'm going to be streaming, but I can't get a 3700X. My budget limits me to a 3600 (albeit I can OC it with a good cooler), because the 3700X is $170 more than the 3600 where I live. I was thinking whether X264 would harm performance on the 3600 and how much? Or is NVENC better? In case NVENC is better, should I wait for an RTX 3000 that can combat the XT? I'll buy in April at the earliest.

Solution
There is no point in worrying now about something you can't buy until April. Prices and available hardware, in fact, the entire landscape, might be much changed by that time. That's four months away which is plenty of time for major changes to occur. Nobody can even surmise what might be a good choice based on hardware that hasn't even been released or tested yet, and might not be even by then. Only announcements are expected to come in March. Actual products probably won't come until near the middle of the year or at least until Computex in June.
There is no point in worrying now about something you can't buy until April. Prices and available hardware, in fact, the entire landscape, might be much changed by that time. That's four months away which is plenty of time for major changes to occur. Nobody can even surmise what might be a good choice based on hardware that hasn't even been released or tested yet, and might not be even by then. Only announcements are expected to come in March. Actual products probably won't come until near the middle of the year or at least until Computex in June.

Reactions: geekgamer5902
Solution