Apr 18, 2018
I have 2 options only and cant go beyond them

B560m : i3 10100 rtx 3050
B660m : i3 12100 gtx 1660 super

Which one do I get and it has the best performance in gaming

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The GPU are basically a wash in performance and by all accounts trying to do ray tracing on a 3050 is frustratingly poor in frame rate. The 12100 is marginally (~10% or so) faster than the 10th gen part and it's mobo should be capable of PCI gen 4 storage, so would probably do the 12th gen parts.

I have 2 options only and cant go beyond them

B560m : i3 10100 rtx 3050
B660m : i3 12100 gtx 1660 super

Which one do I get and it has the best performance in gaming
What is your budget and what do the parts cost? If the cost difference isn't too much, I personally would keep saving to get the best of both options for better future upgrade options.

The RTX 3050 would be a better option just for DLSS alone. DLSS is going to be better at 1440p, but you can still get decent image quality at 1080p. It will still play newer games with lower settings at 1440p or higher settings on older games.

Reactions: hotaru.hino

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Although it may be a moot point....10th gen is dead as Zed and only offers 11th gen upgrades. 12th gen is current and (should) offer 13th gen updates. Considering how easy it is to change a GPU as opposed to mobo and CPU update, that alone would be a high value consideration for me.

Reactions: spentshells
Although it may be a moot point....10th gen is dead as Zed and only offers 11th gen upgrades. 12th gen is current and (should) offer 13th gen updates. Considering how easy it is to change a GPU as opposed to mobo and CPU update, that alone would be a high value consideration for me.
With the B560 motherboard, the OP could still get an i5-11600K or i7-11700K in the future for PCIe 4.0 if a Gen 4 NVMe SSD is needed. B560 isn't so bad, but I'm not even really sure what the memory overclocking situation is with 10th gen CPUs on B560. I have no idea what the actual limitations are for 10thgen CPUs. I've read they only have an XMP option or some boards and some will have manual overclocking, but only for 11th gen CPUs.

All that being said, the 10100 is still a decent gaming CPU if you don't have high expectations. Plenty of games still run perfectly fine on 4 cores. I would still keep saving for at least an i5-10400 or 11400 6 core CPU.

Reactions: spentshells

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
With the B560 motherboard, the OP could still get an i5-11600K or i7-11700K in the future

In my own experience, I would not put a K CPU on a B series motherboard and expect much out of it given (particularly) the power requirements and (secondary) heat. I would imagine that an 11400 and "maybe" an 11700 (non K) would put out as much performance on the run of the mill B series motherboard.

IDK where OP is located, but Microcenter has the 11600K and the 11700K on astounding sale prices along with an additional $20 off compatible motherboards. Admittedly, the latter suggestion in stock options are becoming less and less.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
What is your budget and what do the parts cost? If the cost difference isn't too much, I personally would keep saving to get the best of both options for better future upgrade options.

The RTX 3050 would be a better option just for DLSS alone. DLSS is going to be better at 1440p, but you can still get decent image quality at 1080p. It will still play newer games with lower settings at 1440p or higher settings on older games.
I only want 1080p . They are same budget and only thing I can get . Which one is the best

InvalidError

Titan
In my own experience, I would not put a K CPU on a B series motherboard and expect much out of it given (particularly) the power requirements and (secondary) heat. I would imagine that an 11400 and "maybe" an 11700 (non K) would put out as much performance on the run of the mill B series motherboard.
VRMs on most boards since back when motherboard manufacturers started using the PCIe 4.0 excuse to justify substantial markups on 500-series AMD boards and added 2-4 phases to pretty much their whole lineup across both Intel and AMD boards to help sell the $30-50 price bumps tend to be gross overkill for non-K models.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
VRMs on most boards since back when motherboard manufacturers started using the PCIe 4.0 excuse to justify substantial markups on 500-series AMD boards and added 2-4 phases to pretty much their whole lineup across both Intel and AMD boards to help sell the $30-50 price bumps tend to be gross overkill for non-K models.
Error. What do you think I should get . Same price and only thing I can Get for 1080p which one is the best

InvalidError

Titan
Error. What do you think I should get . Same price and only thing I can Get for 1080p which one is the best
You'd need a complete detailed parts list for both. While the CPU and GPU may be the two biggest concerns, a bad motherboard, PSU, RAM, etc. can also ruin your performance and future-proofing prospects. Assuming the i3-12100 build uses sensible components, then having a better platform to start from could be worth the GPU feature handicap.

Personally, if I can be reasonably sure to get considerably more useful life from spending a little more up-front, I do that. On my previous PC, I spent $40 extra to get an i5-3470 instead of an i3 and that more than doubled its useful life from the 4 years I typically aim for to 9 years. Native USB3 and SATA3 from getting an h77 board instead of cheaping out with an h67 one likely helped a lot too.

Cutting too many corners to save money can get expensive further down the road.

ill pant a more clear picture

the 3050 is a better card and offeres more features, bu its not much better
the cpu and motherboard are a dead end with a B560 and 10100

So go with the second option as it will serve as a better platform for upgrades.

I was looking at the 12100 with a 660 motherboard, just fine for gaming as long as you arent trying to gan an inch of epeen they are amazing gaming chips and could easily take a gpu upgrade in a year. in 2-3 years 12600/12700 are gonna get cheap... upgrade the cpu then...
edit 2... new keyboard, im missing keys

Last edited:
The 3050 is the slightly better card and has a little extra vram. Keep in mind these cards in a couple of years or so may start to struggle more. Not that they are bad cards but as newer games come out and as new series of gpus are released it will be the natural order. They will do fine just don’t plan on doing super high refresh rates with it.