[SOLVED] RTX 3060/3070 (Als TI's)

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
can someone help me find one that is in stock I'm trying to build a PC for a friend and he wants a RTX 3060 or 3070 (Including the TI's) can anyone help me find one of these cards to buy off newegg or amazon for UNDER 1,200 CDN

Solution
Afaik, both newegg and Amazon have limits of 5 purchases per account. The problem is the 'buy-bots' scalpers and miners are using that register the main account, the wife's, the kids, the grandmother's, grandfather's, cousins, uncles and aunts etc and while billing address may or may not be the same, shipping address may or may not be the same, the bots are auto-inserting faster than people can, so the scalper ends up with multiple limit sales before ppl can even get 1 card in.

Nvidia has been talking about chopping the hash rate on some of its cards to make it more a gamer use card, and splitting the models into mining / gaming models to try and make it more available for consumers. This would be done at a firmware level, basically...

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Asking help for that on here won’t really help tbh, no offense.

But the best thing you can do is just constantly watch Amazon or Newegg for new stocks of the 2 cards which can be extremely difficult since millions are doing the same. Pretty much when it does restock it’ll get sold within minutes.

Even saw a GTX 1660TI, having 10 on stock at Newegg for 250 dollars and it was sold in minutes….

Either that or you might as well wait till everything goes back to normal. I do see many people at my state on Craigslist’s selling RTX 3060’s TI, or non TI for about 900 dollars but I don’t think they do shipping, but if they do I can try give you the post.

Reactions: Phaaze88
In the UK the best thing would be buy a pre-built right now but even then there may be a waiting list. Builders seem to be getting first pickings on stock and there prices are cheaper than building yourself with the same parts due to the over inflated price of buying gpu’s on their own.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Yeah that too, and maybe Nvidia as well for not being loyal to their fan base, but you know business is business…
What is it you want NVidia to do? It’s not like AMD are doing any better and in reality there is little NVidia could legally do. The problem isn’t just gpu’s, look at consoles and now the car industry is warning of shortages of components. It’s easy to blame NVidia and it’s not like they haven’t been sketchy in the past but I do think blaming them this time they are just a scapegoat.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Allocating cards to gaming platforms ie Steam and limiting account purchases could be one of few options considered by a user here to make a difference. Sure people could make fake accounts to get around such limitations but hopefully efforts are made more difficult.

Reactions: okjak808

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
What is it you want NVidia to do? It’s not like AMD are doing any better and in reality there is little NVidia could legally do. The problem isn’t just gpu’s, look at consoles and now the car industry is warning of shortages of components. It’s easy to blame NVidia and it’s not like they haven’t been sketchy in the past but I do think blaming them this time they are just a scapegoat.
Yes you're right and I’m not asking Nvidia to do something about it’s just what I think that’s why I said “maybe Nvidia” and not “cause of Nvidia”, so I’m not saying that it’s entirely they’re fault.

Yes not just the GPU market but other things as well, but for sure we all can say that COVID is the reason for this too due to many people shopping online now.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Allocating cards to gaming platforms ie Steam and limiting account purchases could be one of few options considered by a user here to make a difference. Sure people could make fake accounts to get around such limitations but hopefully efforts are made more difficult.
Yeah I forgot they had that limit as well and I figured people would make fake accounts to buy more.

I mean they could make fake accounts but sure they will would have to input the same address unless the person ships it to another address.

Reactions: boju

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Afaik, both newegg and Amazon have limits of 5 purchases per account. The problem is the 'buy-bots' scalpers and miners are using that register the main account, the wife's, the kids, the grandmother's, grandfather's, cousins, uncles and aunts etc and while billing address may or may not be the same, shipping address may or may not be the same, the bots are auto-inserting faster than people can, so the scalper ends up with multiple limit sales before ppl can even get 1 card in.

Nvidia has been talking about chopping the hash rate on some of its cards to make it more a gamer use card, and splitting the models into mining / gaming models to try and make it more available for consumers. This would be done at a firmware level, basically making it impossible to get around, they already do such with the Quadro cards. But that split comes with its own issues and could possibly affect the chopped hash version performance.

Solution

i think the issue with scalpers and all this bot are much deeper than that. the way i see it it was AIB and those in distributor channel itself was the scalpers (MSI already got caught once). if nvidia seriously want to stop the issues around scalpers they probably need to cut ties with many of their AIBs. then have their own distributor system instead of relying on third party to do it. but the problem is nvidia business model since the very beginning has been relying heavily on AIBs and third party distribution system.