May 1, 2021
ok so thats what i have
rtx 3060 12gb
ryzen 7 2700x
16 gb 3200mhz

i thought buyng a 3060 i could get insane performance in a game like valorant but nothing, cant get even 200 fps.
i tried everything; i even tryed the auto oc with afterburner,upgrading all the drivers all the nvidia panel settings to performance and searched on internte but nothing
then i saw a video on yt:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XHdTMBxN4Y&t=413s

and i was thinking like what? how can this ryzen 5 can do better the my cpu,maybe idk what im talking about but this doesnt seems fair at all
my question is, do i maybe need to upgrade my cpu to a better one to get more improvement like a 3700x or the one in this video i watched?
yt:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WYGke9MJw&t=208s

pls help me i dont know anymore what to do and i spent a lot of money on this GPU....thx :coldsweat:

Last edited:
Solution
There is a very big performance difference between the 2000, 3000, and 5000 Ryzen series. Your 2700X is good for general multitasking/work, but will definitely lag in fps/gaming. You cannot compare your setup to those vids you posted, because a 2700X will not realistically be able to obtain that. If you really want to see improvements you will need to either drop your resolution or upgrade your CPU. The 5600X is a very solid performer and is decently priced, assuming you can find one in stock (I don't know what your local market is like).
This is the correct answer. Valorant is a very IPC heavy game. The IPC gains between each Ryzen generation are huge. If you are running low graphics + Reflex mode (limits the frame queue for...
May 1, 2021
ty @rgd1101 but still dont know what should i do, i mean the point is that im using this pc for competive gameplay on valorant and i want to be able to stream it too but i cant cuz my fps are not constant to 200 or 144 and i dont understand why

brewcrew650

Honorable
Feb 13, 2018
There is a very big performance difference between the 2000, 3000, and 5000 Ryzen series. Your 2700X is good for general multitasking/work, but will definitely lag in fps/gaming. You cannot compare your setup to those vids you posted, because a 2700X will not realistically be able to obtain that. If you really want to see improvements you will need to either drop your resolution or upgrade your CPU. The 5600X is a very solid performer and is decently priced, assuming you can find one in stock (I don't know what your local market is like).

e56imfg

Distinguished
This is the correct answer. Valorant is a very IPC heavy game. The IPC gains between each Ryzen generation are huge. If you are running low graphics + Reflex mode (limits the frame queue for the GPU), you are always running into CPU bottlenecks with even something like a RTX 2060. You can see this for yourself. Just look at the CPU render time vs GPU render times in-game using the stats overlay option. I have a 2060 myself and it never goes above something like 30-50% utilization in Valorant.

Look at the jump between the 3600 and 5600x here:
View: https://youtu.be/GJjAf9yQkVI?t=776

There's no 2700x comparison here but the IPC jump between Zen+ and Zen 2 was very similar to Zen 2 to Zen 3 so you can imagine how your 2700x slots in right at the bottom of the graph.

and i was thinking like what? how can this ryzen 5 can do better the my cpu,maybe idk what im talking about but this doesnt seems fair at all
my question is, do i maybe need to upgrade my cpu to a better one to get more improvement like a 3700x or the one in this video i watched?
OP, no offense, but why are you surprised at this fact? Just look up any 3600 review on the internet and it will show that the 3600 outperforms the 2700x in basically all games.

Generally, once you reach an adequate number of cores (like 6 for 99% of modern games), the only thing that could improve gaming cpu performance is IPC. Of course there are exceptions but you can count the number of games that scale past 6 cores on your hand.

Solution
Jun 24, 2021
You should definitely get a better performance. I have the same issue. I have a 2060 with a 3400G though, and I remember when I first install the gpu back in December and I used to have 250fps on Valorant with high quality graphics, but I never really care since I used to play on a 60Hz monitor. This month I bought a 165Hz monitor and my game run with a 120Hz medium with some drops to 100 or sometimes on Deathmatch less, this frame drops are really annoying me. My friend have a similar setup, with the only difference being the ryzen 3600 and he gets >280fps. The funny thing though is that even if I change the graphics quality, it's seems like nothing changed for me. I tried even set a ridiculous lower res and the frame rate do not change a bit. I really don't know what's happening with this game. The only thing I can suggest to you is try those ridiculously small resolutions like 1280x720 or even less.

Today I actually tried to use the integrated graphics, but I didn't remove the GPU, just change on BIOS and the cable to HDMI on the MB instead DP on GPU. Playing the game the difference was ridiculous. My medium fps was like 10-15fps lower only. This is insane. A <Mod Edit> 2060 getting only 10fps more than a VEGA 11 integrated graphics (the game oscillated between 170-90 while the GPU keeps on 190-100, rarely reaches 200). So I don't know. I am sure that the amount of updates on the game for 6 months wouldn't make it run with half of performance with that silly playdough graphics. I ran cyberpunk on ultra with stable 60Hz, godammit.

Forgot to mention: About those who would say that it's CPU bottleneck. I never saw utilization of the CPU higher than 50% and GPU higher than 40% in this game with this setup (also 16GB ram at 3000MHz and with auto boost on CPU clock to 4100GHz).

Last edited by a moderator: