Question RTX 3060 error code 43 ?

Oct 30, 2022
First time building a pc and for some reason my 3060 is showing lines on my monitor and an error code 43. The lines showed up as soon as I booted the pc up for the first time. I can do anything except play games and change resolutions and when I check advanced display in settings its says that my monitor is connected to “Microsoft Basic Display Driver”. My pc boots fine and shows a picture. When I open gpuz all specs for my gpu are correct but when I click sensors the memory clock and gpu clock both say 0.0 MHz. Also when I open nzxt cam it says that “No supported graphics cards were found”. I dont know if the gpu is supposed to show up in my bios but it’s not showing up.

Thing’s I’ve tried:
  • delete and reinstall drivers using ddu in safe mode (latest and older drivers)
  • reseat gpu
  • bought a new display port cable
  • different ports
  • reinstalling windows
  • plugging monitor into a laptop and it was fine
My specs (all brand new):
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550I pro ax (f15 bios version)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: rtx 3060 tuf gaming oc
RAM: corsair vengeance lpx 2x 8gb cl18 3600mhz
Case: NZXT h1 v2

images
View: https://imgur.com/a/np0rNsz

What can I do? Is my gpu dead?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First time building a pc and for some reason my 3060 is showing lines on my monitor and an error code 43.
If you're under warranty, RMA the card as soon as you can. The artifacting, 0MB in GPU memory size for GPU-Z and the error all point to a dead or faulty GPU.
Alright thanks for the response I appreciate it.

Oct 30, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First time building a pc and for some reason my 3060 is showing lines on my monitor and an error code 43.
If you're under warranty, RMA the card as soon as you can. The artifacting, 0MB in GPU memory size for GPU-Z and the error all point to a dead or faulty GPU.
Update: I received the repaired card today but code 43 and artifacting still persists.

Lutfij

Titan
Drop the card into another known working system with at least 750W of power from a reliably built PSU powering the entire system to rule out the card being the issue. What do you mean by repair? If the card was RMA'd, it should've been replaced not repaired.

TRENDING THREADS