[SOLVED] RTX 3060 HELP!!!!

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi fellow PC Helpers,

I have an RTX 3060 here that got installed today, there's a little issue that is happening on my Screen that has been stressing me a lot.
It keeps going black for a split second every few minutes and I don't know what's making that.

But I used a DDU to remove any GPU Drivers installed just to play it safe for installing a new one.

I checked the Event Viewer too to check the possible problems and some showed up.

It is this one:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video21
Error occurred on GPUID: b00

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Is it possible to fix this just by installing a new OS to make a fresh start for the system?

Thanks a lot!!!

Solution
Hi fellow PC Helpers,

I have an RTX 3060 here that got installed today, there's a little issue that is happening on my Screen that has been stressing me a lot.
It keeps going black for a split second every few minutes and I don't know what's making that.

But I used a DDU to remove any GPU Drivers installed just to play it safe for installing a new one.

I checked the Event Viewer too to check the possible problems and some showed up.

It is this one:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local...

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
My Specs is:
Mobo: ASRock X470 Gaming K4
CPU: AMD RYZEN 3 3100
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3060
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3600MHz
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB
HDD: Seagate Pipeline HD 2 500GB
PSU: Corsair CX650M

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Hi fellow PC Helpers,

It is this one:
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video21
Error occurred on GPUID: b00

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Is it possible to fix this just by installing a new OS to make a fresh start for the system?

Thanks a lot!!!
I did a little bit of searching and found this on a microsoft forum:

"If you notice nvlddmkm.sys errors on your computer, a bad driver could be at the root of the problem. This error occurs on systems containing the NVidia graphics card:

• Incorrect memory timings or voltages
• Insufficient/problematic PSU
• Corrupt driver install
• Overheating
• Unstable overclocks (GPU or CPU)
• Incorrect MB voltages (generally NB/SB)
• Faulty graphics card
• A badly written driver or piece of software, but this is an unlikely cause in most cases
• Driver conflicts.

I would suggest you to uninstall the display driver from the device manager, restart the computer and check the games playing status.
  1. Press Windows and X keys together.
  2. Click on Device Manager.
  3. Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.
  4. Right Click on the Display Device.
  5. Click on Uninstall.
  6. Restart the computer after the successful uninstallation of Display Device."

Solution

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020

"If you notice nvlddmkm.sys errors on your computer, a bad driver could be at the root of the problem. This error occurs on systems containing the NVidia graphics card:

• Corrupt driver install
• Overheating
• Faulty graphics card
• A badly written driver or piece of software, but this is an unlikely cause in most cases
• Driver conflicts.

I would suggest you to uninstall the display driver from the device manager, restart the computer and check the games playing status.
  5. Click on Uninstall.
The PC has experienced many Forced Reboot because of the past GPU that keeps failing to run properly and getting always the BSOD or Hung
and straight to forced restart

PSU: Is it possible that I’ve damaged the power delivery of the power supply unit because of the Faulty GPU in the Past and the forced reboot?
Is the PCI-e Power Cable has been damaged?

Mobo: It an cause hardware problems after many forced reboots? Never had any Overclocks in any of the parts except the XMP for the RAM.

No OVERHEATING on any of the components

Clean and proper installment of the Drivers

CaptainCanoy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020

• Corrupt driver install
• Overheating
• Faulty graphics card
• Driver conflicts.

5. Click on Uninstall.
Thanks for this!!!
Forgot to respond to this for a long time.

So the problem is the memory timings, my Ryzen 3 3100 can only hold up to 3200MHz but I put my RAM on 3600 MHz so it keeps crashing. IDK why it got past to the BIOS and went to the OS and the result is the crashing. And when I tried to change my RAM Slots to A1 and B1, I learned that the slots in there can only support up to 3000 MHz only when I tried to push it through 3200 MHz and keeps crashing again. I was so confused there but I put it back to the A2 and B2 Slot, and it went back to normal.

So thanks for the help again!!!

TRENDING THREADS