[SOLVED] RTX 3060 hot temps

Oct 11, 2022
I don't know why but when I launch some games like GTA V or even MW (Warzone), my GPU's temps rises very quickly to 77 or 84 while as I said, I have just started the game, I have not even played a little bit. I cannot do long game sessions. Furthermore, I tried even with Dauntless, and it seems like that even on this game I've been having hot temps like 79/80 as soon I start the game.

I have done some scan to see what was the graphic card model I had, and it's said "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 NVIDIA Corporation StormX" but there's something I don't really understand when I look at my graphic card, I see like "Gainward" on it... It's pretty weird. I used GPU-Z to see what I really had, and here's my GPU. I want to try to under volt it, but I don't really much about it so...

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gainward-rtx-3060-pegasus.b8641

I have already thought about changing my GPU, but I want to be sure that I can fix the problem before, to not spend money for nothing.

Specs:
  • GPU: Gainward RTX 3060 Pegasus
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8Go) DDR4 3200MHz
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX (MS-7B89)
  • Case: M.RED Solar Gun RGB

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Case: M.RED Solar Gun RGB
Try and take off all Tempered Glass side panels on your case and see if your temps improve. To me, it looks like you're starving your innards of fresh, cooler, ambient air to cool your components. Let's make it a bit more fun, build your computer outside of the case atop of your motherboard box and see if the temps are actually better.

Lutfij

Titan

Try and take off all Tempered Glass side panels on your case and see if your temps improve. To me, it looks like you're starving your innards of fresh, cooler, ambient air to cool your components. Let's make it a bit more fun, build your computer outside of the case atop of your motherboard box and see if the temps are actually better.

Reactions: Zakajj
Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know why but when I launch some games like GTA V or even MW (Warzone), my GPU's temps rises very quickly to 77 or 84 while as I said, I have just started the game, I have not even played a little bit. I cannot do long game sessions. Furthermore, I tried even with Dauntless, and it seems like that even on this game I've been having hot temps like 79/80 as soon I start the game.

I have done some scan to see what was the graphic card model I had, and it's said "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 NVIDIA Corporation StormX" but there's something I don't really understand when I look at my graphic card, I see like "Gainward" on it... It's pretty weird. I used GPU-Z to see what I really had, and here's my GPU. I want to try to under volt it, but I don't really much about it so...

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gainward-rtx-3060-pegasus.b8641

I have already thought about changing my GPU, but I want to be sure that I can fix the problem before, to not spend money for nothing.

Specs:
  • GPU: Gainward RTX 3060 Pegasus
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8Go) DDR4 3200MHz
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX (MS-7B89)
  • Case: M.RED Solar Gun RGB
93C is the max temperature for a 3060 your at 84 so no problems really.
You can add a custom fan curve (MSI Afterburner) to make the fans speed up quicker.
Also it looks like that case has very poor cooling, most of the front is blocked.

Oct 11, 2022

Try and take off all Tempered Glass side panels on your case and see if your temps improve. To me, it looks like you're starving your innards of fresh, cooler, ambient air to cool your components. Let's make it a bit more fun, build your computer outside the case atop of your motherboard box and see if the temps are actually better.

Thanks and after doing that do you think that playing games without the tempered glass in front and side is something to do or not?

93C is the max temperature for a 3060 your at 84 so no problems really.
You can add a custom fan curve (MSI Afterburner) to make the fans speed up quicker.
Also it looks like that case has very poor cooling, most of the front is blocked.

I had no idea that 84 degrees isn't a problem, because its make too much noise I was like "Maybe there's something wrong with my specs actually". I already thought about buying a new case but I don't know which one for my actual motherboard. Don't want to buy something that doesn't fit and spend money for nothing.

Edit: I removed tempered glass in front and on the side of the case and it's actually better then before. Seems like the problem is definitely the case.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks and after doing that do you think that playing games without the tempered glass in front and side is something to do or not?

I had no idea that 84 degrees isn't a problem, because its make too much noise I was like "Maybe there's something wrong with my specs actually". I already thought about buying a new case but I don't know which one for my actual motherboard. Don't want to buy something that doesn't fit and spend money for nothing.

Edit: I removed tempered glass in front and on the side of the case and it's actually better then before. Seems like the problem is definitely the case.
84C is still more than I would like my card to run 80 or below.

Oct 11, 2022
Thanks guys for your help, seems like the problem was the case (even if as both you said that this temps is normal). I will look at some tutorials to make a good custom fan curves. To be honest, even if this temps is normal, it annoys me a bit.

Lutfij

Titan
Buy a (new)case that is designed well(not just internal layout but airflow as well)...artificially created problem solved.