Question RTX 3060 MSI GAMING X RGB lights go off under load. [FIXED]

pandemicc

Reputable
Oct 22, 2017
Hi, I have bought RTX 3060 MSI GAMING X LHR and its rgb lights turns itself off under load and won't turn on until I turn it off and on my pc, even restart won't fix the issue. The card itself works just fine and passed 12 hours long furmark stress test. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue or is it normal? I don't want to send the card back for this trivial issue but I also want to see RGB working properly since I paid a ton of money for it.

FIX: It is that stupid dragon centre bloatware. There are two options under mystic light; third party rgb and led power saving mode. disable both of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodroX
Hi, I have bought RTX 3060 MSI GAMING X LHR and its rgb lights turns itself off under load and won't turn on until I turn it off and on my pc, even restart won't fix the issue. The card itself works just fine and passed 12 hours long furmark stress test. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue or is it normal? I don't want to send the card back for this trivial issue but I also want to see RGB working properly since I paid a ton of money for it.
What are your system specs?
It may be a PSU issue.

I'm not exactly sure where that hydro falls on this list....
but I see there are some awful ones.
Regardless....I suspect the PSU due to this " rgb lights turns itself off under load ".
It's a somewhat classic example of an insufficient PSU.

Thats some weird stuff.

When the lights turn off, Do the fans still spin?

Im asking tis because someones else in the forum that out of nowhere had a RTX 3080 (also from MSI) that fans and lighting does not work anymore (The card do work, he can go into Windows and even start games but the fans never turn on, and lights are always off). I wonder if this is something to do with poor quality control from MSI (not saying is the case, just wondering). In the rush to keep stocks better perhaps GPU makers are cutting corners?

pandemicc

Reputable
Oct 22, 2017
That may be irrelevant. PSUs can begin to fail at any time.
You could run HWInfo and see if any of the main voltages (12, 5 and 3.3) on the motherboard dip below 95% of those three values at any time (even under heavy load).
If so....they are out of spec.
main voltages are fine.
Thats some weird stuff.

When the lights turn off, Do the fans still spin?

Im asking tis because someones else in the forum that out of nowhere had a RTX 3080 (also from MSI) that fans and lighting does not work anymore (The card do work, he can go into Windows and even start games but the fans never turn on, and lights are always off). I wonder if this is something to do with poor quality control from MSI (not saying is the case, just wondering). In the rush to keep stocks better perhaps GPU makers are cutting corners?
Fans does spin, as I have stated before gpu works just fine it is just the rgb