Question RTX 3060 not working in Windows 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2021
Hello group,

I just got a new PC (AMD Ryzen 7 5800) with an RTX 3060, and spent the last 12 hours trying to get the graphics card to be recognized in Windows 11. Device Manager keeps displaying the nasty warning triangle, and NVIDIA Control Panel says there is no card installed.

The last thing I can think of is maybe my monitor (or HDMI cable) is causing this. So my question is: could a faulty cable or monitor actually cause Device Manager to not recognize the card ? Seems a bit unlogical, as the monitor and the cable are external devices, but I am out of options, so I am just trying to think out of the box.

Thanks for any suggestions !

McBleno

Prominent
Dec 3, 2021
I’m not very familiar with the driver support on W11 but I can for sure say faulty HDMI will not cause the card to be unrecognized. How are are you getting video? As far as I know the 5800 is not an apu

Dec 5, 2021
Hello, thanks for replying. My monitor is using the built i Microsoft display adapter, so I am getting a sort of low res display. But good to know that neither the cable or the monitor cause the card not to be recognized.

McBleno

Prominent
Dec 3, 2021
Hello, thanks for replying. My monitor is using the built i Microsoft display adapter, so I am getting a sort of low res display. But good to know that neither the cable or the monitor cause the card not to be recognized.
Do you have W11 dual boot or is that your primary OS? I would just stick with W10. Not a lot of people are early adopting and there could be driver issues which is most likely the problem. Faulty cable would mean no display at all and same for monitor usually and if the issue is showing up in your device manager as a warning it’s likely driver related.

You could boot into safe mode, DDU the current driver and reinstall the latest one or rollback if necessary.

Dec 5, 2021
Hello,

thanks again for replying. You might be right, it could be a Windows 11 driver problem. This is a prebuilt system, and they said they tested it before they shipped it to me. I tried DDU and safe boot in all possible sorts and variations, for about 14 hours, to no avail. I am starting to think the card itself might be broken. I'll have it checked at a local store here tomorrow. When I look a the motherboard from the side, the card is in there, but is is a bit twisted. It doesn't look right; every component I have ever seen on any motherboard was never bent...

I'll let you know tomorrow...thanks for your continued support.

Dec 6, 2021
Hey, I had a similar problem a couple months ago. I have a ASUS A17 TUF GAMING laptop. If u too have a ASUS then u need to open ARMOURY CRATE (if u dont have it install it). Open this app go to GPU and turn off iGPU which by default could be set to ON. Even if it is set to AUTO set it to OFF because at least in my case AUTO is not working properly. If this is indeed the case for u 2 then u'll have to turn it ON and OFF every time u start your pc in BATTERY MODE (unplugged and running on battery power). Otherwise... sorry for wasting your time. Take care.

Edit: To go to 'GPU' when launching ARMOURY CRATE click the three bars on the top left, click DEVICE - SYSTEM then GPU POWER SAVING.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021
Hello,

thanks for replying. I have a desktop, but the procedure you describe is certainly useful for future use (and users), I will definitely take a note of it. In the meantime, I have taken the computer to a local shop, and they confirmed that the card is DOA. I will ship it back to where it came from and hopefully get a working replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.