Question RTX 3060 not working on first PCIE slot even setting port to Gen3 (New pc build)

Apr 24, 2022
Hello guys, i adquired this new pc:

Asus PRIME B660-PLUS D4
Intel Core i5-12600K 4.9 GHz
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 EAGLE OC 12GB LHR GDDR6 Rev 2.0
Crucial Ballistix 3200 DDR4 32GB 2x16GB CL16
WD Black SN850 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 PCIe 4.0
EVGA GQ 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular

The problem is that the graphics card its not working in the first slot, but it works in the second one. I have tried to change the port config from Auto to Gen3, but still not working.

I have tried also to update the BIOS to the last version, but nothing... Did you have some idea about whats happening? I have plugged a 2080 Super and the first slot its working, but not with 3060 card.

The card its perfectly plugged, so i dont know whats happening or what causes incompatibility.

Also i have changed the primary card from auto to Gen Cad, and also to PCIE but nothing changes

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022
After reading another posts, ¿Secure boot may affect since its Asus motherboard and Gigabite graphics card?

Im close to give up....

Last edited:
Secure boot is designed to allow booting only of the exact system that was initially installed.
If, for example, you tested with integrated graphics I could see this happening.
Try turning secure boot off and see how you do.

You should have no conflict between differing component brands.

Apr 24, 2022
Secure boot is designed to allow booting only of the exact system that was initially installed.
If, for example, you tested with integrated graphics I could see this happening.
Try turning secure boot off and see how you do.

You should have no conflict between differing component brands.
Thanks for your response dude, i will try it tomorrow, but if that´s finally the cause, ¿why the other graphincs card that ive used to test the port (2080 Super) its not affected by secure boot?

Apr 24, 2022
Did you use the 2080 to install windows?
No i have installed windows with the 3060 in the second pci express port

In adition, i have checked, and im with secure mode deactivated since the first moment.

As you cans see in Bios when i connect the 3060 card to first slot its detected in bios but with 0X??? For take this image im with the integrated vga

https://postimg.cc/SjcJ4dd8

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022
Consider the possibility that the 3060 is defective.

If you have a 2080 available, why not use it? It is a stronger card.
I guess you have borrowed one for testing.

The 2080 Super its in mine gaming pc, the other one its mine office pc. I think 3060 its not deffective because works in slot 2 and in mine other computer in all slots.

I think all the components are fine and its a config related problem

TRENDING THREADS