[SOLVED] RTX 3060 Ti doesnt recognize DVI display

Oct 24, 2020
Hey

I used to have a GTX 980 connected to 3 regular 1080p 60hz displays via DP to VGA adapter , which than is connected to a VGA cable that went to the screen.

I have now upgraded to an RTX 3060 Ti and 144Hz screen. The 144Hz screen is plugged via a normal DP cable and works perfectly , but the other 2 displays are not being recognized at all.
Is there a fundamental difference between the two cards which stopped the configuration from working? Worth noting that I tried using an HDMI cable with a HDMI->DVI adapter at the screen end and it works fine. Unfortunately that solution is only good for 1 monitor as there is only 1 HDMI port in the card.
This leads me to assume that either the adapter suddenly stopped working the day I changed the GPUs or that for some reason the card isn't compatible with such an adapter/DVI cable.

Any help and ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
you need active adapter. i believe your current adapter have no issue. the problem is newer cards no longer supporting VGA/DVI so you need active adapter for it.

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
Can you sent image/link to your DP to VGA adapter. DP is a digital signal and VGA is analogue signal this conversion can only be done with active adapters. I'm not sure how exactly it works but with some devices these adapters require external power.

I think any of these cables will work just fine, but you could email Cable Matter support to confirm (support@cablematters.com).

* 1 cable (my favorite brand)
Cable Matters DisplayPort to DVI Cable (DP to DVI Cable) 6 Feet
$11.99

* 2 cables (my favorite brand)
Cable Matters 2-Pack DisplayPort to DVI Cable (DP to DVI Cable) 6 Feet
$19.99

* 1 cable (second favorite brand)
Rankie DisplayPort (DP) to DVI Cable, Gold Plated, 6 Feet
$7.97

Last edited: