Question RTX 3060 Ti False Fan RPM Reading (320,856 RPM!)

scappy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2017
Hi. I have a Zotac RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC and I had this for a little while now. Yesterday I tried running Heaven Benchmark to see my peak wattage using HWiNFO64 and GPU-Z. After running the test I noticed when the fans went back down to 0 RPM, the reading would abruptly go to some 184,000 RPM. It shows both on HWiNFO64 and GPU-Z. They won't stay there though, it just shows up in milliseconds then back to hundreds of RPM again. I tried observing the fans when they go from 0 to hundreds RPM and they appear normal to me. But the RPM reading is just crazy. The card works well too. I never had any issues with it when rendering or gaming.

Could this be just a bad sensor or is there anything more serious that I need to worry about it in the future? The card is not overclocked or anything. All stock settings. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot-2022-10-20-164506.png

scappy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2017
Another weird thing that's just started with this card is the fan RPM will go down to 0 and looking at the fans they indeed stop so that part is good. But, in HWiNFO64 and all other monitoring software that I use I see the fan speed hovers between 43 to 50% even if the fans are in a full stop. I talked to a Zotac support representative and he said this indeed could be a sensor issue but when I asked him if I could RMA this, he said IF in the future I encountered a more serious issue with this card, then I can send it back.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My gpu fans rarely at full stop, due to me not setting up Hysteresis in MSI Afterburner, my fans always running a little to maintain temps. Temperature Hysteresis regulates how often the fans ramp up/slow down. Make it say 10c and the fans won't constantly turn on.

I don't see fan percentages in HWINFO so it must have been the other monitoring software

your sensor clearly broken so as they say, just ignore it unless something else starts.

TRENDING THREADS