Question RTX 3060 TI KO OC does not stay with fans on

Jul 11, 2022
I got an ASUS RTX 3060 TI KO OC and went to adjust the control of the fans in MSI Afterburner as I always do, but basically the fans do not stay on below 45% speed whenever I put below that value they turn on and off quickly. If someone could tell me if this is normal or if there is a way to make the fans work below 45% of speed.

Note: During the games the fans turn on and stay on whenever they pass 55 degrees. and her temperature is very cold about 65 degrees at most.

Note2: Even when I turn off the automatic mode continues with the same problem

jnLuOR3.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022
30 series cards seem to run with the fans off until they need to turn on. Mines does the same. I use MSI Afterburner with an Asus card it works fine. The little A button on control in your setting should be dark and not grey like in your pic. Toggle that setting and it should run all the time and you can adjust the default speed manually.

Jul 11, 2022
30 series cards seem to run with the fans off until they need to turn on. Mines does the same. I use MSI Afterburner with an Asus card it works fine. The little A button on control in your setting should be dark and not grey like in your pic. Toggle that setting and it should run all the time and you can adjust the default speed manually.
I have tested it with the little "A" button off, but I still can't get the fans to go below 45% speed. If I put for example at 35% or 40% speed they will simply turn on and then off.

Mar 25, 2022
I have tested it with the little "A" button off, but I still can't get the fans to go below 45% speed. If I put for example at 35% or 40% speed they will simply turn on and then off.
I think it's because it's an overclocked card it needs to run around 45. Mines sits at 48% idle but I literally can't hear it because it's so quiet.