News RTX 3060 Ti LHR Receives a 35% Hashrate Boost in NBMiner

Aug 15, 2021
My heart races. This is a good thing. Keep the shortage going. Less GPUs = lower difficulty on eth = More profits for us. It also keeps GPU prices high, which will keep it out of most gamers' hands and will make it easier for us to get them and increase profits. I don't know why NVidia thought that we would just be like.... "Oh, they limited the hash rate. I guess we won't buy GPUs anymore". LMAO. It ain't gonna happen. Good try though.... Lol. It's only a matter of time until there is a 100% LHR crack. All my cards are non LHR anyway. But that's not the point. Setting LHR is a form of market manipulation and is highly unethical, then they have the nerve to lie straight to the gamers face: See, we're trying to help you. Ya ... I betcha..... lol. LHR is economically dangerous because it can pave the way for much bigger problems down the road that will eventually hurt gamers and content creators too.

Aug 16, 2021
Keep the shortage going... More profits for us... It also keeps GPU prices high... keep it out of most gamers' hands... increase profits... crack... market manipulation... highly unethical... economically dangerous...

The irony is strong with this one.

Last edited:

evilpaul

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
It's called market segmentation. Nvidia's been doing it since like the Geforce 4 days with Quadro cards (anyone old enough to remember Quadro cards?). They charged like 4x more money for a card that could do CAD better because they turned a feature on in the drivers. People bypassed that using a pencil (no, really).

If you hate mining and want to make it less profitable, start mining on any GPU you've got that can.

There's shortages as a result of two things. Companies that manufacture silicon not adequately investing back into capital and instead padding their quarterly profits, stock prices, and their personal bonuses from those profits/stock options. This was a very smart move on their part, as they got to keep all that money and enjoy charging higher prices from the shortages, and you now to get help pay to build them new factories. The second is the government dumping trillions of dollars into the economy increasing demand, while lying about the inflation as being "transitory," people apparently believing that, and not adjusting prices accordingly. There's shortages in things like lumber too, which probably wasn't caused by wooden mining rig frames. I know it's really hard to believe that, for once, huge systemic global problems were caused by the people with all the money and power and not by something anyone with a $200 GPU can do, but that seems to be the case here.