Question RTX 3060 TI NO SIGNAL ON B550 GAMING EDGE

Jan 15, 2023
Hello,

My PC configuration is as follows: B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI motherboard and AMD RYZEN 7 3700x. Before I had an AMD radeon r9 200 series graphics card everything has been working fine for 1 year.
I wanted to change the graphics card with RTX 3060 TI But this one does not work, I have no return signal but it is correctly powered, on the graphics card lights that come on.
In the bios, of the motherboard we see that it does not detect the graphics card in the slot.
I tried the following steps:
  • Clear CMOS - NOK
  • Uninstalling old graphics card drivers - NOK
  • Updated to the latest motherboard firmware - NOK
  • As soon as I put the old graphics card back, it works.
Thank you for your help

DavidM012

Distinguished
What r9 200 series exactly, what power supply are you using - make, model and age? You could have a power supply that's suitable for one and not the other or maybe just a DOA card. Where purchased from, brand new, second hand, some shady geezer? Power supply tier list - you be the judge. Recommendations range from 550w by Asus, 575w by this chart or 600-750w according to the internet.

Then you could have any variety of non-recommended power supply or hopefully one that's tier C or above on the power supply tier list.

Jan 15, 2023
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, that lacks preposition. I have AMD R9 270 and for the power supply I have this one: Corsair RM750x PC Power Supply (Full Modular, 750 Watt, 80 PLUS Gold) Black; I feel like I have everything I need to get the graphics card working.

DavidM012

Distinguished
If the card simply doesn't work then it must be a doa so rma. I suppose it may be possible to have a faulty power lead from your power supply, guess you probably don't have another suitable machine to test it in? So send it back, the seller can only give you the runaround.

Jan 15, 2023
I'm not sure if this is relevant at all, but i had the display problem with a GTX 750 Ti after a cpu upgrade (and probably BIOS reset) a while ago. Everything seemed to work, yet no display whatsoever. Turned out the problem was that i was trying to boot the PC while the GPU was connected via HDMI. Connecting it via the DVI-I port (with a VGA cable and adapter) boot the PC straight up. I don't remember what exactly was the issue and if it was a BIOS setting that i needed to change after that, tho.
Also, make sure your monitor is set to the proper Input source.
Hopefully this will give you some hints about what to try next. I apologize if this is complete non-sense (I barely know anything, i'm also on a really old hardware, but i've been solving all my crazy hardware issues for the last 15 years).

TRENDING THREADS