[SOLVED] RTX 3060 Ti vs RX 6700 XT

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
Hello, I need some suggestions on which GPU is better for an upgrade to my (not exactly mine tho) PC. It's currently using GTX 1070 Ti ,supplied with Corsair 850W PSU and paired with R7 3700X. At first, I would naturally choose 3060 Ti over 6700 XT, but with current price increase on every single NVIDIA cards, it's now around $450 more expensive than 6700 XT (at least in my country).

I've already seen some game benchmarks too between them, where sometimes 6700 XT got better FPS, and 3060 Ti got better FPS on some other games. Simply said, they are pretty much on par in the terms of gaming.

For the note, this PC will mainly used for gaming and sometimes video editing. And also the owner would have no problem of waiting or even saving more money if the better one is the more expensive one. Please give me some suggestions on which one I should choose. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Solution
On a R5 3600X the RTX3090 is so CPU-limited that a RX6800 beats it pretty soundly. So does the RX5700XT and even the RX5600XT is pretty competitive. Your CPU is clocked no higher but does have two more cores.

This cannot be fixed by drivers because nVidia completely removed the hardware schedulers after Fermi so they run entirely in software (like a Winmodem!) as that was faster on multi-core CPUs anyway despite the extra overhead, and looks more "efficient." Meanwhile AMD designed for slow console Jaguar CPUs so kept their power-hungry hardware schedulers making their GPU suck down the power instead of your CPU. That's probably why nVidia always sends reviewers a test setup with the fastest CPU available.

The 3060Ti...
On a R5 3600X the RTX3090 is so CPU-limited that a RX6800 beats it pretty soundly. So does the RX5700XT and even the RX5600XT is pretty competitive. Your CPU is clocked no higher but does have two more cores.

This cannot be fixed by drivers because nVidia completely removed the hardware schedulers after Fermi so they run entirely in software (like a Winmodem!) as that was faster on multi-core CPUs anyway despite the extra overhead, and looks more "efficient." Meanwhile AMD designed for slow console Jaguar CPUs so kept their power-hungry hardware schedulers making their GPU suck down the power instead of your CPU. That's probably why nVidia always sends reviewers a test setup with the fastest CPU available.

The 3060Ti may be a fine card too and possibly just as fast as a 3090 on that hardware! But if a RX5600XT is just as fast and hundreds less than even the RX6700XT...

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
I suggest you to switch to AMD.
I've just discovered that AMD Fidelity CAS is working surprisingly good. And it benefits old cards as well.
Mine is merely a aged Asus Rog Strix RX 570 4GB OC bought in 2019 at around USD185, I am located in Asia at the moment on a business trip.
nVidia just care for money they make.
AMD cares for the gamers who use their CPU and GPU.
As soon as my 9600K dies, I will switch to AMD in a heart beat.

TRENDING THREADS