Question RTX 3060 vs RTX 3070

Ray_

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
ONLY 1 ITEM IS LEFT FROM EACH CARD
I'VE GOT A LITTLE TIME TO MAKE MY DECISION.

Hello, I'm about to upgrade my graphics card where money isn't an issue at all, I'm just looking for what would work best,

Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC
TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING 8 GB GDDR6 256 Bit
Price: $1063
VS

Asus RTX 3060 V2 OC
DUAL-RTX3060-O12G-V2 12 GB GDDR6 192 Bit
Price: $720

few notes:
There is about $350 difference, again money isn't an issue,
but I'm worried about bottlenecks, please see specs below,
3060 TI is $850, has 8 GB, I would not prefer to go with it, It has less VRAM than 3060 and less powerful than 3070.
-----------------------------

Usage:
After Effects and Media Encoder,
on a daily basis, work with complex comps in AE
including short films, tracking, color correction etc...

Maxon Cinema 4D
modeling and view port performance
currently I'm not using a GPU based renderer, " maybe in the future"

AI based Apps,
such as Topaz video enhancer etc…

For gaming, I've got a different PC,
maybe very little gaming will be done on this card in the FAR future,

Specs:
CPU: Core i7 6950X 10 cores 20 threads @ 3000-3400
Motherboard: Asus X99 A ii, PCI Gen 3 "both cards are gen 4"
Ram: 32 GB
GPU: Asus Strix RX 480 8 GB " the one I want to upgrade"
Power supply: 700w
SSD: 1 TB + 500 GB
HDD: 4 TB + 2 TB

Questions:

Both cards are strong, while 3060 has 12 GB of VRAM,
but the 3070 is much more powerful with less VRAM,
which one out of the 2 is better for me? And why?, if possible

Will there be any bottleneck I should be worried about?
I'm not planning to upgrade anything else at the moment,

I really would appreciate all the help I can get,
because I've got a very little time to make my decision,
because only 1 item is left of each card,
thanks.

Regrading pricing I live outside the US, prices available in your region might be different, and I'm ok with these prices.

if you are doing very little gaming I would suggest spending less.
When using gpu acceleration there are margins to be gain with a faster card, but they aren't worth the additional money, by getting a stronger card you'll gain seconds not even minutes.

Have you looked at a workstation card at all or are they even more ridiculously priced.

Reactions: Ray_

Ray_

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
if you are doing very little gaming I would suggest spending less.
When using gpu acceleration there are margins to be gain with a faster card, but they aren't worth the additional money, by getting a stronger card you'll gain seconds not even minutes.

Have you looked at a workstation card at all or are they even more ridiculously priced.

I'm really thankful to you for the help, crazy prices my friend,
don't forget, I'm using AMD card = no CUDA,
so the upgrade should matter from RX 480 to RTX 3060 or 3070, right?

Just wondering if I get RTX 3070 will there be any bottleneck that will make RTX 3060 a better option since I'm using an older CPU " core i7 6950x 10c 20t @ 3000-3400"

from what I understood, VRAM is important in gaming and for having larger scenes, I don't do GPU render in cinema 4d, and I'm not buying it for gaming, I might use it rarely for Oculus Rift S for VR gaming,

and speed of the card is important for editing and effects and viewport and plugins like element 3d etc. faster preview in timeline using h264 most often if after effects... you get the idea, this is what I want.

Generally everything I do wither working or editing or even gaming is at 1080p, I don't need anything higher for now if that's help,

so after you know my usage of the card, as a final advice 3060 or 3070?
Thanks a lot

I'm really thankful to you for the help, crazy prices my friend,
don't forget, I'm using AMD card = no CUDA,
so the upgrade should matter from RX 480 to RTX 3060 or 3070, right?

Just wondering if I get RTX 3070 will there be any bottleneck that will make RTX 3060 a better option since I'm using an older CPU " core i7 6950x 10c 20t @ 3000-3400"

from what I understood, VRAM is important in gaming and for having larger scenes, I don't do GPU render in cinema 4d, and I'm not buying it for gaming, I might use it rarely for Oculus Rift S for VR gaming,

and speed of the card is important for editing and effects and viewport and plugins like element 3d etc. faster preview in timeline using h264 most often if after effects... you get the idea, this is what I want.

Generally everything I do wither working or editing or even gaming is at 1080p, I don't need anything higher for now if that's help,

so after you know my usage of the card, as a final advice 3060 or 3070?
Thanks a lot
3060 is plenty for work related issues, the addition memory might help, but there really isnt anything to be gained with a faster card.

3060 or bust.