[SOLVED] Rtx 3060ti green dots and black screen

Feb 18, 2021
I bought new pc with 3060ti and after using for 3 days i tried to boot it but while Windows is loading it shows green dots and then black screen. I tried to safe boot and unistall drivers with ddu but after that while installing new drivers same thing happened is there any fix or should i try to return it?

Feb 18, 2021
Try replugging video cable first, making sure it's a good fit. Try another cable if possible. Trying another display, ie TV would be another idea to rule out display issues.

Beyond that, best return to be looked at.
So i sent back to where i bought and they said that its fixed but back home same thing happends and i tried another display/cable.

55C max temp and OC does not sound correct. How much did you OC? Obviously it wasn't stable if it ended in a repair shop.

Even if it was a small OC it looks like you were not lucky with the silicon lottery and your card can't OC much.

What exact model do you have? What is the make and model of your PSU?

Feb 18, 2021
I had GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8G and i cant exactly remember the numbers but wasnt a big oc and used fans 60-70% so it wont get hot and psu was Cooler Master MWE 500 WHITE 230V - V2.Today i sent pc back to them and they told me it was a bios issue which i never touched bios.

You upgraded your GPU didn't you? Well you could have swapped the PSU as well.

Change it and hope that the GPU was not affected.

As for what to get, recommendations can be found in the first post here:

You should not go cheap on a psu as it's literally the heart of your system, powering your hard earned hardware. Pick a tier B and above from this Tier list . An indication of a good PSU is the long warranty it offers. Almost all good one go with a 10 year warranty.

I would also recommend going for at least 650w and if you are thinking of upgrading to a more power hungry GPU in the future, 750w minimum.

Feb 18, 2021
You upgraded your GPU didn't you? Well you could have swapped the PSU as well.

Change it and hope that the GPU was not affected.

As for what to get, recommendations can be found in the first post here:

You should not go cheap on a psu as it's literally the heart of your system, powering your hard earned hardware. Pick a tier B and above from this Tier list . An indication of a good PSU is the long warranty it offers. Almost all good one go with a 10 year warranty.

I would also recommend going for at least 650w and if you are thinking of upgrading to a more power hungry GPU in the future, 750w minimum.
I didnt upgrade anything i got a prebuild pc thats why there was a 500w psu.

TRENDING THREADS