Question Rtx 3060ti microstutters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrenigmah

Prominent
Dec 7, 2021
Hey I just built a new pc myself, and I have constant micro stutters in most games, PUBG on ultra had the most and was unplayable due to the micro stutters and fps dropping as low as 30 and the max fps being 100-110, which I feel the rig is underperforming watching others with the same rig have around 200 fps. I felt it dropping below 60 and having stutters many times in battlefield 5 as well, I'm upset as this is the third time I'm not satisfied buying a new pc/laptop, I've received 2 faulty laptops before this..
My specs are listed, any help is much appreciated and if you require anything else please let me know.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 4.2 GHz
Motherboard: msi B550-A pro am4
RAM: corsair vengeance pro (2 x8GB) 3600 MHz
GPU: gigabyte vision rtx 3060Ti
SSD:WD blue 1TB sn550 m2.nve
SSD2: HP EX900 500 gb SSD
PSU: evga supernova g+ 650watt 80+gold
CPU Cooler: deepcool gammaxx gte v2

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu clock looks fine which means temps are probably good too. Check though when fps drops happen.

Was curious about ram speed and that's fine.

Graphics card looks good.

No high background activity and plenty room left on OS drive.

Was Windows fresh install on new hardware or carry over?

Try update to latest chipset driver from Amd directly. Google Amd b550 chipset driver and it'll lead you there.

If using Geforce experience to optimise games, try without. Reset game settings to default in game.

Try balanced power plan with minimum processor state set to 10%. Try Nvidia power plan to prefer maximum.

Mrenigmah

Prominent
Dec 7, 2021
Windows was fresh install by the person who assembled it for me.
I will update the amd chipset, and I have not used geforce experience to optomize games and the power plan is set to balanced but how do I change the minimum processor state to 10% and nvidia power plan is set to max performance already.
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 14196

Stutters are often related to memory. Run CPUz in check each stick to make sure that they’re running and dual channel mode in at the proper speed

D

Deleted member 14196

You need to look at each individual stick on the speed tab and post both of those I can’t see that image it’s too small and when you blow it up it’s all blurry

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try display driver uninstaller (ddu) in safemode. Reinstall Geforce driver in normal Windows as administrator after reboot.

If that doesn't help id look at reinstalling Windows. There's a fresh install stickie in Win10 section. Only takes several minutes.

Reactions: helper800

Mrenigmah

Prominent
Dec 7, 2021
I reinstalled drivers but I noticed something in my task manager my cpu usage is always showing 100%, I tried restarting the pc and it still showed 100%, what could be the reason for that? I now proceeded with resetting the pc, hopefully this solves it.
Thanks for all your help.

Mrenigmah

Prominent
Dec 7, 2021
I did that and it shows that the task manager is using 50% and some normal system apps using the rest 50%, this is really weird, I even reset the pc and windows and the task manager still shows 100% cpu usage without anything running at all, I do remember the day I was sent this pc by the person who assembled it I saw task manager and it showed 100% cpu usage without anything running, he was the one to installed windows on it aswell.

I did that and it shows that the task manager is using 50% and some normal system apps using the rest 50%, this is really weird, I even reset the pc and windows and the task manager still shows 100% cpu usage without anything running at all, I do remember the day I was sent this pc by the person who assembled it I saw task manager and it showed 100% cpu usage without anything running, he was the one to installed windows on it aswell.
Take a picture of task manager and post it as well. I would download and run the free version of Malwarebytes just to make sure you do not somehow have a virus.

Mrenigmah

Prominent
Dec 7, 2021
So I fixed the cpu issue by entering a few commands through the command prompt, I did reinstall drivers and windows and yet now there are still those stutters, could it be due to bottleneck? I see that the cpu is being used 50% on task manager while Gpu is below 10%, what would be the remaining option I have left now? I was thinking to get this gpu replaced or get a 3070 instead, if so is my build good with a 3070 and would that fix this stutter issue? appreciate all the help guys , thanks alot.

So I fixed the cpu issue by entering a few commands through the command prompt, I did reinstall drivers and windows and yet now there are still those stutters, could it be due to bottleneck? I see that the cpu is being used 50% on task manager while Gpu is below 10%, what would be the remaining option I have left now? I was thinking to get this gpu replaced or get a 3070 instead, if so is my build good with a 3070 and would that fix this stutter issue? appreciate all the help guys , thanks alot.
If your graphics card is not being properly utilized then getting a better one will have the same issues. There seems to be something going on with the cpu side of things.

Mrenigmah

Prominent
Dec 7, 2021
So I tried running the games without directx12 and switched to directx11 and the performance was much better it stopped the stuttering in bf5 and pubg and the fps stopped dropping below 60 as well, is it the main problem here? how could I fix that? also in some games like insurgency I am not able to play on ultra settings without slight stutters while I see others with the same rig easily managing it, and in apex legends max fps I got is 140 on ultra settings on 1080p while I see others with the same setup get 200, is my gpu underperforming a bit in anyway?

So I tried running the games without directx12 and switched to directx11 and the performance was much better it stopped the stuttering in bf5 and pubg and the fps stopped dropping below 60 as well, is it the main problem here? how could I fix that? also in some games like insurgency I am not able to play on ultra settings without slight stutters while I see others with the same rig easily managing it, and in apex legends max fps I got is 140 on ultra settings on 1080p while I see others with the same setup get 200, is my gpu underperforming a bit in anyway?
According to userbenchmark your GPU is running just fine in the 60th percentile compared to all others that have that same card.

Mrenigmah

Prominent
Dec 7, 2021
Resetting the PC only makes sure windows files are good.
It does not Reinstall windows. It does not replace the Registry etc...
A fresh new install is advised.
oh I see, alright I'll do that, thanks for your advice. but is it only me who is having such issues with directx12? it seems I cant play any games with directx12 without stutters, hope the windows reinstall fixes it

Status
Not open for further replies.