Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reso

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2014
For a PC budget of £/$1200 which is the more viable option? Of course the 3070 has more performance but is the 3060ti better for the price: performance ratio? Is the gained performance of the 3070 with a worse/cheaper CPU better than the combination of a 3060ti with a more powerful/expensive CPU?

Thanks

edit: poll if you can:)

geofelt

Titan
Depends on the game.
What processors are we talking about?
Some games like fast action shooters like stronger graphics cards.
Others like sims, strategy or mmo like strong processors.
A balance is in order.
My thought is that strong single thread processor is what most games need.

Reso

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2014
Depends on the game.
What processors are we talking about?
Some games like fast action shooters like stronger graphics cards.
Others like sims, strategy or mmo like strong processors.
A balance is in order.
My thought is that strong single thread processor is what most games need.
Well I suppose i’d be using the system for a variety of games but i’ll have a heavy lean more on shooters and ‘proper’ tripe A titles.

The 3060ti would allow me to upgrade the CPU to something like an i5 12600k as opposed to an i5 12400f if I was to get the 3070.

The 3060ti / 12600k combo seems more balanced - is the leap to the 3070 actually worth it both financially and being forced to have a less superior CPU?

I'd go for the K series CPU up front even if it means a lesser GPU. Better to only need to upgrade the GPU in 3+ years rather than GPU and CPU.

Although, the argument could be made that the non-K CPU is still fast enough for a stronger GPU.

It's sort of a toss up. Better performance now with a faster GPU, or better performance later when you upgrade your GPU?

Reactions: Reso
May 25, 2022
Well I suppose i’d be using the system for a variety of games but i’ll have a heavy lean more on shooters and ‘proper’ tripe A titles.

The 3060ti would allow me to upgrade the CPU to something like an i5 12600k as opposed to an i5 12400f if I was to get the 3070.

The 3060ti / 12600k combo seems more balanced - is the leap to the 3070 actually worth it both financially and being forced to have a less superior CPU?
Personally I'd go with the 3070. Either one is going to be a great combo though, the only thing I'd add is I wouldn't get the "F" version of a CPU, stick with one that has integrated graphics. It can be very handy in troubleshooting situations and generally the price difference is neglibigle.

Reactions: Reso
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY