[SOLVED] Rtx 3070 - best cpu?

Bezah

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
Hi all,

I recently got my hands on an Nvidia RTX 3070 to partner my AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (6-core) and I have bumped into some issues which I believe to be my CPU bottlenecking.

I did a bottle neck calculator and supposedly this pairing should only get 0.06% bottleneck which I can't believe is the case - unless I have a faulty GPU.

Below are my performance speeds when running Cod:Warzone
CPU - between 40 and 60%
Memory - 80-85%
GPU - 10-15%

I upgraded from the GTX 1080 and I am pretty much matching my FPS from that card, and in some cases going lower than I used to with my 1080 frame wise.
The FPS will stay the same no matter what graphical settings are used.

Basically, my question is, do you think I need a better CPU? Has anyone had the same issue with this combo, and can anyone recommend a CPU that works well with the 3070?

TLDR: Please recommend me a CPU to pair up with my new Nvidia RTX 3070.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Solution
0.006% !!!
how accurate can you be with a worthless "bottleneck calculator' which is junk science.
It has no knowledge of the types of games you play.

The 3700 is a top card and should run anything short of fast 4k resolution well.

Look to the processor.
the 12 threads of your 2600X should be sufficient for any game excepting multiplayer with many participants.
Overclocking X suffix processors seems to be unrewarding.

If your motherboard can support the new 5600X I would point to that.
The single thread performance boost is very impressive.

If you would need a motherboard change, I would wait for rocket lake, the single thread performance leak indicates even stronger than the 5950.
0.006% !!!
how accurate can you be with a worthless "bottleneck calculator' which is junk science.
It has no knowledge of the types of games you play.

The 3700 is a top card and should run anything short of fast 4k resolution well.

Look to the processor.
the 12 threads of your 2600X should be sufficient for any game excepting multiplayer with many participants.
Overclocking X suffix processors seems to be unrewarding.

If your motherboard can support the new 5600X I would point to that.
The single thread performance boost is very impressive.

If you would need a motherboard change, I would wait for rocket lake, the single thread performance leak indicates even stronger than the 5950.

Solution