Question Rtx 3070 computer bios problem

Nov 14, 2022
Hi,
I recently purchase an Rtx 3070 and I have the four beeps problem. Disabling CSM from bios, at the first boot all would seem solved, but if I keep the computer off for some time the CSM automatically returns enabled with four additional beeps (8 total) at the first boot... then only 4 :(
What could be the cause considering that the system work properly? Thanks

Hi,
I recently purchase an Rtx 3070 and I have the four beeps problem. Disabling CSM from bios, at the first boot all would seem solved, but if I keep the computer off for some time the CSM automatically returns enabled with four additional beeps (8 total) at the first boot... then only 4 :(
What could be the cause considering that the system work properly? Thanks
CMOS battery most likely. In case of dual BIOS, main one may get corrupted and it's switching to "spare" one which is set to factory defaults.

Nov 14, 2022
CMOS battery most likely. In case of dual BIOS, main one may get corrupted and it's switching to "spare" one which is set to factory defaults.

Thanks for reply but the bios doesn't go back to the factory values but only enables the CMS by setting the video oprom policy equal "legacy" instead of "uefi only" and this causes the four beeps. Exist a solution?

Nov 14, 2022
One thoght, are windows installed in UEFI or CSM mode ?

I converted the disk where Windows 10 resides from Mbr to GPT, created the uefi system partition with diskpart and inserted the correct boot. The operating system starts fine... I think it's this damned video card that's generating something and I don't understand what :(