hello all.

first off my hardware is:

psu: Corsair rm850e 850 watt psu

gpu: rtx 3070 inno3d ichill x4

cpu: Amd ryzen 5 5600 Wraith stealth

motherboard: Asus rog strix B550-f Gaming

ram: 2x8gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz ddr4

win: windows 10 pro x64

the problem i've been having is that my gpu seems to crash in almost all games i play after 5 to 60 minutes of gameplay and then i get this error message

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video8
Error occurred on GPUID: 700

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Any help would be appreciated :)

Reactions: John Wick12
May 28, 2023
The error message you are encountering indicates a problem with the graphics driver (nvlddmkm) on your system. GPU crashes can be caused by various factors, including driver issues, hardware problems, or overheating. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Update your graphics drivers: Visit the manufacturer's website (NVIDIA) and download the latest drivers for your RTX 3070 GPU. Perform a clean installation of the drivers by uninstalling the existing ones first, then installing the new ones.
2. Check for system overheating: Monitor your GPU and CPU temperatures during gameplay using software like MSI Afterburner or HWMonitor. Ensure that your system is adequately cooled and that the temperatures are within safe limits. Clean any dust buildup from your components and ensure proper airflow.
3. Verify power supply: Ensure that your power supply unit (PSU) is supplying sufficient power to all components, especially the GPU. Make sure all power connectors are properly plugged in and that the PSU meets the power requirements of your GPU.
4. Check for hardware issues: Run a stress test on your GPU using software like FurMark or 3DMark. If the GPU consistently crashes during stress tests, it may indicate a hardware problem. Contact the manufacturer's support or consider RMAing the GPU if it's still under warranty.
5. Windows system updates: Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date with the latest updates and patches. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues or bugs.
6. Test with different games: Try running different games or benchmarks to see if the issue persists across multiple applications. This can help identify if the problem is specific to certain games or if it's a broader issue.

If the problem continues after trying these steps, you may want to reach out to the GPU manufacturer's support or seek assistance from a professional technician who can diagnose and troubleshoot the specific issue with your hardware configuration.
i've clean installed my drivers and i tried furmark and gpu power was at 100% and the temperatures stabilized at 74 degrees celsius, games wise it crashes in elden ring everytime, sekiro sometimes, project zomboid constantly, sons of the forest sometimes. Windows is up to date

May 28, 2023
Yep seems like a gpu issue. I would drive using ddu and reinstalling drivers. If that doesn't work either, flashing bios using nvflash would be next.
sorry i forgot to mention the fixes i've tried. I've tried both clean installing drivers and updating bios

May 30, 2023
hello all.

the problem i've been having is that my gpu seems to crash in almost all games i play after 5 to 60 minutes of gameplay and then i get this error message

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video8

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

hello all.

\Device\Video8

maybe it's bios issue please update it....

Status
Not open for further replies.