[SOLVED] RTX 3070 FE generates massive amounts of heat and sounds like a jet engine when heavy load is applied

Doddsy7

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
I managed to get hold of a 3070 FE the other day and couldnt be happier. However when i apply a heavy load to it, it starts to sound like a jet engine. Its producing so much heat that i can feel it almost half a meter away from my pc at times. Just wondering if this is normal behaviour or not because reviews ive looked at says that the FE is very quite, however mine can be heard a solid 2 rooms away as the fans ramp up to 90%. Am i just being too paranoid or does my card have a problem?
Cheers

Solution
Gpu Boost: the gpu will 'overclock' the core frequency on its own as long as power and temperatures are within acceptable parameters.

Doddsy7

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
i have two corsair ml120s for intake, one ml120 for outtake. But tbh my case could be better as its the corsair spec 06 rgb, which is known for its mediocre airflow now that i think about it. Also my room is constantly the hottest room in my entire house. The combination of the two surely cant mean anything good for temps. Suppose i didnt really think about it until now. Ill be upgrading my CPU soon anyway so possibly ill be able to get a better case as well. Thanks for your response

Doddsy7

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
quick side not but what ive noticed is that the card is running way past what i thought the boost clock was. Its running at 1965Mhz when under load, instead of the 1730Mhz i expected. Does winning silicone lottery mean that the card will get much hotter than what is expected?